Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 23, 2012

Heartbeats and Houses

Yay for the 8 week mark!!  I can't believe that this time last month I was on my way back from a cruise and didn't even know I was pregnant.  In that regard, for anyone reading this right now that has a glass of wine in their hand (and considering the WineO's that my friends are, if they're reading this at home I'm willing to bet a few of you do), cheers to it being an entire month since I had a glass myself.  Enjoy my friends, enjoy :)

We actually got to see and even HEAR the baby's heartbeat at our ultrasound last Wednesday!  Baby Sac was meausring a healthy 7w3d and his/her heartbeat was strong at 158 BPM!  So, our 'official' due date is September 2!!  Considering at our first ultrasound at 4w5d, we only saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac and no baby since it was too small to see yet, I had my expectations set pretty low so I wouldn't be dissappointed as I was last time.  Well, I was NOT dissappointed this time!!  As anxious as I was to see the heartbeat, the second I saw/heard the heartbeat everything faded except excitement, joy, thankfulness and LOVE.  More love than I ever thought I could feel.  And I know that it just gets better from here on out.

Baby Sac's first portraits.  By far the most beautiful little fuzzy bean-looking thing I have ever seen ;)


I  must also add that this day was what Andrew and I have deemed the "Best Day Ever: Heartbeats and Houses Edition".  After hearing our baby's hearbeat for the first time, we also got word that evening that the bid on the house we made an offer on the week before had been ACCEPTED!!  I may be crazy for thinking that having a baby and buying our first house is normal and will be stress-free, but at times I've been known to be the definition of crazy.  And I always like a challenge.  So, in the words of Barney Stinson: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

6237 Breckfield Court - future site of CASA DE SAC!

I consider myself VERY lucky in the pregnancy symptom department.  While I've been really nauseous, as long as I keep myself busy and my mind off of it, it passes.  I puked after breakfast every day of my 6th week, but (thankfully) it seems like the puking has passed for the most part.  What I can tell you is that I'm incredibly sensitive to smells.  I mean, to the point that I'm considering stocking up on Bath and Body Works travel-sized room spray for Drew to carry around in his back pocket to spray on command.  (They really should make little holsters for those so you could wear them on your belt - note to self: propose to the B&BW marketing department).  My back aches when I've sat in my office all day, and the inevitable has happened - my sciatic nerve on my left side has started acting up already.  I notice it more on days that I've walked around alot or had my right leg crossed over my left - or on days that I wear heels, but come on...nothing is tearing me away from my beloved heels (or forcing me into - GASP - tennis shoes on the daily).  Sciatica will just have to step back and recognize that this fashionista will grin and bear it!! 

While mentioning the fashionista that is this 2-month pregnant woman, I have to share the love I have for my new maternity wardrobe.  I dont think I realized how incredibly uncomfortable I was in the clothes I was trying to convince myself I was still fitting into!!  2 hours, countless outfits in the dressing room, and about $250 later (which was REALLY a great deal because of the buy 3-get 1 free sale they had going on), I am the proud owner of new jeans, new pants, new tops and 4 new bras!  I dont think anything could have prepared me for seeing myself in the full-length dressing room mirror for the first time in 2 months (something I've been intentionally avoiding)...but the sales lady and my momma made me realize that every pregnancy is different.  While I'm only 8 weeks and already in maternity clothes, it's all in my belly and I. Look. Fabulous.  Pregnant...IN HEELS.  :)

7 Weeks, 3 Days - and no, I'm not having twins...(we had the doctor check yet AGAIN, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment