Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

19 Week Recap: HE is Risen; and "he" is moving.

Cohen's first boat ride on Lake Murray!
19 weeks and I seriously don't think this kid sleeps.  Ever.  I hope this isn't an indication of his sleep patterns when he's out here in the world because momma needs her sleep too!  It's so amazing to feel him move around though - and it's so indescribable.  He's finally big enough and packs such a punch that you can feel and see it from the outside...Drew's eyes get so big when he feels him and he just giggles.  It's the cutest thing!  Sometimes I sit there and marvel at the amazing blessing growing inside me, but I have to admit that sometimes I feel it and mistake it for the aftermath of the monstrous Monterrey bean burrito.  (Is it wrong that it's 9:23am and I could totally house a Monterrey bean burrito right now!?)

Week 19 was really busy!  We spent Easter with Momma and Tom at the lake and I think this Easter lunch was by far my favorite of all time.  I didn't feel good enough at Christmas to really enjoy Christmas dinner, so this is the first Holiday spread that I've been able to really dig into and appreciate!!  I think I ate my weight in asparagus casserole (my FAVE), pineapple casserole and pretty much anything on the table that I could shove into my mouth.  After lunch we went on a boat ride and I got my first taste of how miserably hot it's going to be this summer and how as a large and in charge preggo I'm going to deal with it.  I haven't yet sprung for the maternity bathing suit, but I'll have to get one before our next lake trip because it was SO hot and although the water was cold, I was about to pass out when the boat was still.  My plan of attack is to be in some kind of water at all times for the summer, whenever possible.  I'm talking pool, lake, ocean, sprinkler, etc.  All water, all the time.  It may be the only way I survive.  After the boat ride, we all sat around and watched as Bubba Watson won the Masters.  There's something so calm and relaxing about watching golf.  Maybe it's the beautiful scenery (especially at Augusta National), maybe it's the calm demeanor of the announcers, maybe it's me watching in hopes to get a glimpe of Adam Scott in his Burberry-clad hotness (<--the most probable possibility).  Whatever it is, I love it and it always makes for a good Sunday nap.  And to see a good ol humble southern boy, who just became a father for the first time 2 weeks prior to the tournament, win it for his new little boy and put on that green jacket really made for a feel-good moment.  (Take note, Tiger...)

We had a special mid-week surprise on Wednesday, because Abby was in town!!  She was here to interview candidates for the new Quicken Loans here in Charlotte - and it was awesome to have her here in the QC!!  We met her at the Marriott Southpark (where Drew and I had our wedding reception - talk about memories!!), and we headed to RuSan's (Charlotte's #1 sushi joint).  I had been craving sushi, and I'm not talking the cheap California roll crap, I wanted REAL sushi.  Like raw as all get out and completely against everything the baby books and websites permit.  However, I opted to throw caution to the wind and go with MY doctor's "everything in moderation" mentality.  While I didn't completely give in and order my usual squid salad appetizer and raw spicy yellowfin w/ the raw quail egg on top, I kind of had the best of both worlds and ordered the 'Gone With the Wind' roll.  This roll was awesome because not only did it offer a small amount of the raw tuna I wanted, it also offered crab and salmon, which were both cooked - and the outside of the roll is fried.  Hello - this southern girl loves ANYTHING fried!!  So I left there beyond happy - and beyond stuffed :)
And now it's 9:52am...and I could house this as well.

Daddy and Tracie came over for dinner Thursday night, which is always nice!  And Friday we had our weekly dinner at Carmella's with the DeMeio's.  Saturday was perhaps the best though, because it started with brunch @ Flying Biscuit with my friend Margeaux and then I went to Destination Maternity, which quickly turned from an 'I'm just looking' venture to a 'Drew's bonus check just hit and this momma needs this top, and this dress, these white linen pants and OMGahhhh, are those kelly green skinny maternity jeans!!???!?'.  I left there feeling cute and chic and like my old stylish self.  Which I've missed.  I try to keep my maternity style as fashionable as possible, but when I can't fit into 90% of the clothes I already own and know that investing in a new wardrobe that will only fit me for a few more months is kind of ridiculous, it's challenging.  But I've found that with a few key pieces and some really great statement jewelry, it's not really that difficult.  I'm to the point where I can't bend down and buckle my strappy Christian Siriano wedges anymore, but thankfully I either have Drew there to do it, or a place in my bathroom where I can sit on the edge of my tub and put my foot up on the wall and do it myself.  (Note to self: buy more Mr Clean Magic Erasers bc I'm scuffing that wall all to heck).

On to Week 20 - which means I'm halfway through this pregnancy.  There's so much I need to do, so much to think about, so much to process...and I just sit back and try to enjoy every single minute of it because 20 weeks from now, there won't be much time to just sit anymore.

WEEK 19 CRAVINGS:  Well, we've already covered the sushi endeavor, so I'd have to say that my craving for this week wasn't so much food-related as it was some good ol R&R.  Being on the go so much this past week, I hit a wall Saturday night and after we got home from dinner, I went straight to the bathroom and ran the best bubble bath ever.  There's not many aches or pains that bubbles, Pellegrino w/ lemon and John Legend on Spotify won't cure. 
Calgon, take me awayyyyyyyy...
WEEK 19 "Dose of Daddy":  This past week I was really consumed with wondering what Cohen will look like.  I know without a doubt that between the two of us, his personality will be fun loving and adventurous and sweet.  But I hope he has Drew's height, and his eyes, and my smile and my hair.  And I came across this picture of Drew that his cousin Stacey had sent to me a few months ago - and I was immediately reminded that as long as Cohen is half as cute as his daddy is, he'll be one handsome little man!!!
I mean seriously, how cute is this!?!

WEEK 19"To Remembers":  To remain calm and have faith that people do this every single day.  Having anxiety disorder has proved to be a little challenging during pregnancy because of the influx in whacky, psycho hormones that I can't control (and again I'm reminded to send Drew a text to thank him for dealing with me in whatever mood he faces from day to day).  However, this past week was my first official panic attack.  I was sitting at my desk at work, and looking through the Presby Maternity Ward website at the beautiful birthing rooms and the cute newborn baby profile pics, and it just hit me - that's going to be ME in that bed...and MY baby in that frame.  I can't put my finger on exactly what freaked me out - I think it was just the first moment that everything got "REAL" for me.  In true panic attack fashion, I got hot and sweaty, thought I was either going to pass out or puke, and I was pretty sure my heart was going to beat out of my chest.  And then come the tears.  Uncontrollable crocodile tears, out of nowhere and with no cure.  I left work early that day and first talked to Drew, then to my momma.  Both made me feel much better and put things back into perspective for me.  This is the biggest thing to ever happen to me.  And it's beyond any word that can describe the overwhelming feeling and pressure to be the best momma ever.  But I learn from the best - and I have the most amazing support system ever.  So I think that without a doubt, I'll be just fine :)


No comments:

Post a Comment