Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 16, 2012

36 Week Recap: 9 MONTHS PREGGO

Me & Momma @ 36 Wks!
9 months pregnant.  Now, for those of you who are like, 'um, I thought you were only pregnant for 9 months - why do you still have 4 weeks til your due date?' I hate to be the bearer of bad news (especially if you're a fellow preggo), but you're actually pregnant for the better part of 10 months.  My best friend told me that her husband read an article that the human body is intended to grow another human for an entire year, but the body isn't actually designed to house and birth such a monster.  OMG - I can't even begin to imagine another 3 months or pregnancy.  I'm 9 months - and I'm good with that. 

Another week, another doctor's appointment.  Drive half an hour - sit in waiting room for 15 minutes - pee in cup - get weighed - wait another 15 minutes for doctor - blood pressure check - hear heartbeat - get fundal height measured - drive half an hour home.  Good times.  Anyway, measuring right on schedule and everything looks good.  Baby still hasn't dropped, but whatever.  Sometimes they dont.  Maybe he wont - but me and my right lung sure would be thrilled if he would.  Dr Belle scheduled me for an ultrasound on Tuesday, 8/21, to gauge how big Cohen is and to discuss my options.  The main goal is to have me avoid a c-section, so she wants to see if they need to schedule an induction before he gets too big for me to deliver him naturally.  So, looking forward to that appointment and hopefully to have a better idea of where we're actually going with this because the waiting game sucks.

Oh - so this is fun...
We are incredibly aware of the fact that Cohen's due date is September 2, which coincides with the Democratic National Convention that will be held downtown Charlotte.  No biggie though, because my hospital isn't downtown.  Oh wait - yes it is.  And in fact it's the 'official hospital of the DNC'.  Awesome.  They're predicting that an extra million or so people will be in the city that week, which will not only provide for HORRENDOUS traffic, but I see this tweet in my Twitter feed and immediately FREAK.
Praying already that Cohen will decide to come in the middle of the night, or that my induction will be scheduled so that we can plan accordingly.  Either way, good times.
And yet another week passes spent mainly between the couch and the bed.  My boss graciously offered me the option to just come in a few hours a day and then work from home in the afternoons.  This meant the world to me, seeing as how I'm miserable at my desk and can barely breathe and have no where to really elevate my feet.  So I bang out a few hours here, then head home where I get in my pjs, set up my little work station on the couch and work a few more hours with some kind of Bravolebrity in the background.  It's glorious.  I know Cohen hates when I'm in the office, because rather than being sprawled out on the couch, I have to sit upright in an office chair, which squishes him like crazy.  I feel him make the craziest movements while I'm here.  And this week, I got it on camera:
See how he's completely moved to the left?
Poor guy can't get comfy!!

Friday I actually went home early with pretty serious contractions, so bad in fact that I was doubled over.  So I came home, laid down, slept and when I woke up felt much better.  Ahhh, again with the false alarm fun.  Drew had made plans to play in the 84 Lumber Classic golf tourney, and since I was feeling better I told him to go ahead and enjoy himself.  So I had the house to myself all afternoon and evening - until he got home with Beef Stroganoff from Nothing but Noodles.  I love that man. 
Saturday we got up pretty early and headed to the hospital for our Childbirth Prep class.  That's right, 7 hours and $60 provides all the necessary information for birthing a baby and taking care of them for the first few weeks of life.  I was kind of dreading it, but it turned out to be really informative and I really think it brought Andrew and I closer (if that's possible).  It's almsot like he finally kind of understands what I've been going through and how hard this is on me.  And I know seeing things firsthand and being able to ask questions has given him some sense of security about the actual birth process.  When we got home, Momma was there - she spent the day in Charlotte to run to BuyBuy Baby and not only take back duplicate gifts from my showers, but purchase everything that we hadn't gotten yet.  She.Is.AMAZING.  I can't even tell you how much she has saved me time and time again over the past 9 months.  She's washed clothes, ran errands, thrown showers, organized, prepped and planned.  The words 'thank you' don't really seem like enough to show my appreciation, but I can't wait to reward her with her first grandson.  She's even taken the time to redecorate the spare room at her house and make Cohen his own little corner, which was completed this week!!
Cohen's corner @ Grammy Macks!!
Mandy and Damon came over for dinner Saturday night and it was the first meal we've had in our dining room. Kind of exciting!!  And nice to have people around to talk to - I need to get out more...maybe one day the energy will return.  Maybe.
Sunday, Drew golfed...again.  I know it sounds crazy that he golfs so much, but he does so much for me, that when he wants to play, I let him play.  Especially knowing that soon enough he won't be able to just pick up and play whenever he wants to.  It's something small I can do to show my appreciation - and it gives me time for myself.  So I spent the entire day in bed.  And it.was.awesome.

***1 WEEK TIL FULL TERM!!***

WEEK 36 CRAVINGS:  Ice.  Ice.  Ice.  I know I'm driving Andrew and anyone else who happens to be in earshot CRAZY with the chomping, but I can't get enough.  And this week I made the most amazing ice concoction ever - orange juice and crushed ice.  It was like a slushy made in my very own kitchen.  I ran a hot bath, made my OJ slushy and enjoyed it in the peace and quiet of my bathroom getaway.  It really is the simple things...

WEEK 36 'Dose of Daddy':  I don't have a picture of this, although I really wish I did.  First, let me say that I'm glad Andrew and I didn't have any highschool or college classes together, because as much as we laugh, we would have stayed in constant trouble.  Saturday's Childbirth Prep class had us in stitches more than a few times.  I'm one of those, 'laugh because you're uncomfortable' people.  I crack jokes when I'm nervous - I've been known to have a laughing fit in the middle of my great grandmothers funeral.  It's just how I cope.  And sitting in a class watching videos and hearing how it's inevitable that in a few weeks I'll experience the worst pain known to man and have my life completely turned upside down simply fueled the fire for me to laugh like an insane person given anything remotely funny (or maybe not even remotely funny).  Like the asian guy in front of us, who had hiccups so bad after lunch that it actually made Drew jump at one point.  Or the fact that I couldn't do half of the stretches because I was way further along than anyone else in the class (another point for the procrastinators!)  But the funniest moment came when the instructor passed around the suction cup thingy meant to attach to the baby's head during birth and yank em on out.  While I had assumed this was a scary, motor-powered suction device that had to be plugged into the wall, it was simply a plastic little thingy that you controlled with your hand.  Which Andrew did.  Onto my arm.  And we couldn't get it off.  So after about a 5 minute laugh fest and a semi arm-hickey from the suction, my giggle box was returned to it's upright position and we went on about our day.  Reason 184,395 why I love him:  he always makes me laugh.

WEEK 36 "To Remembers":   I've already mentioned my fear of it never being JUST me and Drew anymore.  It's the whole, '3s a crowd' thing - and how protective I am over my best friend and how close we are and how much I love and appreciate our marriage the way that it is.  How will a baby effect all of that?  My imagination (as with everything else), goes into overdrive and I slightly freak.  Until I remember that he loves me so much too - and will do everything he can, just like I will, to make sure this baby does nothing but bring us together.  We've made the pledge to keep eachother as #1 priority.  And to help ease my fears (and give me some pointers), I purchased this book, which I spent the better part of Sunday reading.  It really is helping me see that a baby can make a marriage more indestructible as ever - and that's what I'm focusing on.
Highly recommended to newly expectant parents!


I know there are many people who will argue that the baby should always come first.  That  the relationship you have with your children is more important than the adult relationships you have in your life.  But I'm a product of a marriage where my brother and I were put first, and the marriage failed.  Not simply for that reason, but my momma will honestly admit that was one of the downfalls.  And while we will love this baby with all of the love our hearts can give, we both know that the marriage that brought this baby into this world is the hingepin of the entire Jaroscak name that the 3 of us will share - and it's up to me and Andrew to make sure it stays strong and never breaks.
With that said, I'd like to share an article stemming from a statement that Keith Urban made regarding his love for Nicole v his love for their children.  (Add another to the 382 reasons why he's one of my absolute favorites):




No comments:

Post a Comment