Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dear Baby Cohen - 8mo Letter



OH. MY. GOSH.  1 month.  1 month.  1 month.  That's all I can think of these days - I'm actually writing this on August 2, which is exactly 1 month from your due date and I honestly can't focus on anything else.  It's all so surreal.  To know that less than a year ago Dr Belle told me I'd have trouble conceiving a child, and now I'm only a month away from meeting you.  If you ever in your life doubt the miraculousness of God and how amazing and loving He is, please remember that.  It humbles me every single day and I'm sure every time I look at you for your entire life it will have the same effect. 

Well kiddo, everything's ready for your arrival - FINALLY.  And it's all so incredible.  Your nursery is decorated, your diapers are organized, your clothes have been washed (thanks to Grammy) and all of your play things have been assembled!  All we need now is you to put in them!!  Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of th night and look to my left side of the bed and see your bassinet and I just can't believe in a handful of weeks you'll be here right by my side! 
Grammy and Aunt Dana, Aunt Mandy and Aunt Shavon threw us the most incredible baby shower a few weeks ago and it was CRAZY how many people came and brought so many nice things for you to enjoy!  We are so blessed and I can't wait to tell you about every person that was there and how much they love you already.  Then, the weekend after that, Uncle Boo, Uncle Tina and Uncle Chris threw daddy a 'diaper shower', where all of his friends came and brought diapers for you!  They brought over 1,000 so we figured you're probably set for about 5 months!  YAY!!  The outpouring of love and support we have from our friends and family is amazing and they're all so excited for you to be here!  They're already arguing over who's going to babysit!

There's not a ton of crazy things going on with you inside the womb anymore - no more stories of how you had a tail or how your drinking your own pee (which you still do, but that's yesterday's news...)  These days you're pretty much just hanging out until the big event!  I went to the doctor this past Monday and you're already weighing in the heavyweight category of over 6lbs - with 4 weeks to go, in which you'll gain about a 1/2 pound/week - so you should be right around 8.5lbs - mostly in fat deposits (my little chunk of love!).  Whew!!  For such a little momma, that's a big baby!!  Just be as nice to me as possible during labor and delivery and take it easy on me - I'm not very big (which I'm sure you know from how cramped you are in there right now).  I don't feel you kick as much, just more twisting and wriggling around as you're running out of room to move around in there.  You're already head down (way to follow the rules!!) which means you're in position for delivery.  You're sleeping through regular periods of REM and deep sleep (just make sure you keep the REALLY good sleep for when you're out and about in the world - momma and daddy need a good sleeper!)  When you're awake, you're experiencing active and quiet times where you continue to explore the environment around you.  I don't know exactly what all you're 'exploring' inside the confines of the womb, but I do know you can tell when it's daytime or nighttime from the amount of light you receive.  Pretty cool!  And in a few weeks you'll be a pro at knowing daytime is the time to be awake and nighttime is for sleeping...*fingers crossed*

This month's 5 things are all about your Big Brother, Greyson (aka, 'Greycat', 'Greyfat', 'FatMan', 'Grey's Afatomy', 'Grabeson', etc...).
Grey and mommy on the couch with his paw on you ;)
Given that Greyson thinks he's the King of the Castle, it's going to be kind of an adjustment for him to have a new Prince in the house - so I figured what better time to go ahead and give you heads up on some of his weirdness.
1.  He isn't one of those cats that is cuddly and friendly towards everyone.  In fact, it's kind of the opposite - he really doesn't like anyone but me and daddy.  But I'm pretty sure he already loves you because every night he cuddles up beside me on the couch and puts his head or his paw right where you're laying in my tummy.  It's like he already knows you - and I love that!
2.  He has an attitude most, if not all the time.  And if he's in a bad mood, you'll know it.  It's best at these moments to just let him be and ignore him.  I know as you get older and more curious, you'll want to grab his tail and squeeze him to death, but I'm gonna have to do a really good job of running intereference to make sure that doesn't happen because something tells me he wouldn't like that too much.
3.  He has a broken tail.  I got him from an animal shelter when I was 21 when he was just a few weeks old - and his tail was already broken.  There's nothing that can be done to fix it and it's not problematic, so we just leave it alone and laugh when it dangles around in a circle. 
4.  He must have a bowl full of food (and strictly only the vet-approved cat kidney-friendly brand that you can only get at a vet and must have a prescription card for), and the water in daddy's sink in the master bathroom must always be running at a slow, even trickle for him to always have fresh water.  Yes, Big Brother is quite the diva.
5.  He sounds like a handful, but he's the best and mommy loves him so much.  He and I have been through alot in the past 8 years and he's one of the few things that have always been there for me.  I know he's not easy to get along with sometimes, but he's irreplaceable and has a special place in my heart.  I'm excited for him to meet his little brother and to see how he reacts to you and vice-versa.  You're going to love eachother!! 

Well, back to the countdown - love you little one!!

Xo,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment