Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

22 Week Recap: Cinco de Preggo

Here I am again, playing catch up!  But it seems like every day people comment to me how much they love the blog and how awesome it'll be to have printed out and look back on.  I'm so glad I started it right at the beginning and that I've kept up with it (albeit a little late some weeks).

Week 22 was laid back - and considering summer's fast approaching and this baby will be here in 18 weeks or so, relaxing weeks are few and far between, so I'll take it!! 

I recently joined the wonderul and crazily addictive world of Twitter - and I can say, between Facebook and Pinterest I doubted I had time for any additional cyber distractions, but as soon as I activated my account and realized I could stalk John Mayer without actually having to scale a dumpster behind a concert venue (which I've unashamedly done), I was hooked.  The most exciting moment came when I tweeted Andy Cohen (EVP of the Bravo network which has brough me hours of joy in such classic reality television such as The Real Housewives, Million Dollar Listing, and Top Chef).  I tweeted him and told him that I was having my first baby and I wanted to know where I could buy a Mazel onesie (Andy Cohen is jewish and on his show Watch What Happens Live he passes out a "Mazel of the Day" and has various Mazel gifts for purchase).  I figured throwing in the fact that I'm naming my son 'Cohen' MAY get me a reply - and it did!  I totally geeked out because he has over 713K followers and I was pretty sure there wasn't a chance he'd even read my tweet...but not only did he read it, he replied with where I could find the onesie AND a 'congrats'!  Loves it!  And here you are, Cohen's first tweet from a celebrity (the first of many, I'm sure):

The rest of the week was spent with me working, then immediately coming home to put my feet up.  I'm now the proud owner of a pair of glorious cankles!  As Andrew likes to remind me, I'm not doing myself any favors by rocking 5 inch wedges, but what's a pregnant girl to do?  I've never been the tennis shoes with jeans type, and I'm not starting now.  Flip flops with a sundress - fine.  But most days call for a pick me up (and by 'up' I mean 3-5 inches of stiletto or wedge glory).  In order to counteract the cankle plague, Drew purchased a container of Epson salt that would make even the oldest granny proud.  I don't know why I've never explored the wonders of this magical sodium - IT'S AMAZING!!  After about 20 minutes of soaking, the swelling subsides and HELLO, BEAUTIFUL ANKLE BONES!  :)  Who knew $3.99 at CVS would bring me such joy!??

Saturday began with a shower for my dear friend Krystyn Smith!!  I'm sooo happy that after years of praying, she and her husband Joe are welcoming a baby BOY in July!  What's even better is that our friend Alecia is due with a baby girl in June and Margeaux is due (with a surprise!) 2 weeks after I am!  It's going to be so much fun getting all of our little ones together and to think of all of the memories Cohen and these babies will make as they grow up together!!  Again, so blessed.
BUMP ALERT!!
The Birch Girls - me, Alecia, Margeaux, Jill and Krystyn!
Saturday was also Cinco de Mayo, and never one to turn down an excuse to hang out (especially when mexican food is the cuisine being provided), Drew and I headed over to a get together at Kevin and Shavon's.  We had tacos and while everyone else did tequila shots (oh, how I miss you, Mr. Cuervo), I had my non-alcohlic margarita mix :)  I have to say, I think I came out the winner here because not only did I get to participate by drinking a fun, slushy drink, but I avoided the next day hangover.  Preggo-1, non preggos-0. 
Cinco de Preggo.  OLE'!
18 weeks and counting...AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

WEEK 22 CRAVINGS:  A few months before getting pregnant, I bought a drink blender in order to make delicious healthy smoothie recipes.  Upon my first attempt I was immediately aware that I was a terrible smoothie maker and therefore needed to just keep investing in the talents of the kids that work at the local Smoothie King.  Howevever, I've begun constantly craving slushy drinks and the 'smoothie' blender is now referred to as the 'slushy' blender.  I just put in ice, whatever juice or drink I want, and in 5 seconds I have exactly what I want!  Cheaper than Smoothie King, and healthier than ice cream. 
Pink Perfection.

WEEK 22 "Dose of Daddy":  This coming Saturday, May 12th, is our little buddy Damon's first birthday!  I was talking to Shavon on Saturday night about how a year ago she was SO miserable and ready to have him - and how beautiful he was when he was born.  I honestly can't believe this little guy already has teeth, is walking, and is ONE YEAR OLD!  It really makes me aware of how fast the time flies, and how I want to bottle each moment of this pregnancy and Cohen being little.  With that said, we're unable to attend Damon's first birthday party because we'll be in Cleveland for our baby shower up there.  So we decided to go ahead and get his birthday present and take it to him last Saturday.  If it were up to me, I'd buy a cute outfit and maybe make something memorable that he could keep and look back on, but not this time, considering it was Drew's best friends son.  So we walk around the toy dept in Target and Drew picks out a 4wheeler that makes all these noises and that a 1-3 year old can ride.  He was so excited that I couldn't tell him no and so Damon is now the proud owner of a toddler 4wheeler.  I dont know who was more excited about it once Damon opened it - himself, Kevin or Andrew, but I have to admit, the kid looks REALLY cute on it.  And if this gift doesn't make us the favorite aunt and uncle, I dont know what will ;)
Seriously, this is one cool kid.

WEEK 22 "To Remembers":  I'm a very proud southern girl.  And I LOOOOVE the summertime and all that it entails.  However, this summer is going to be slightly different considering I'm pregnant.  This means a few things: a) I'm due a week before the Brad Paisley concert, which means there's not much of a chance that I'll make it this year.  b) Bud Light Limes and TurboShandy's are a thing of summer's past.  Trust me, they'll make their return next summer, but not so much for the summer of 2012.  c) while I love the summer sun and the way my skin reacts to it, I dont really so much love the sweltering heat - and being 9 months pregnant in August, when it's the hottest, is sure to be alot of fun.  I've decided that my plan of attack is to be surrounded by water at all times.  Pool, lake, laying in the backyard grass while Drew sprays me with a water hose.  Redneck I know, but more than necessary.  I caught a glimpse of how miserable I may be (and the unattractive effects dramatic heat has on a pregnant woman) this past Wednesday when I got into my car after work and saw this terrifying sight:

The scary part is, it's only May 2nd.
VIVA SUMMER 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment