Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

33 Week Recap: Ouch.

Tipping over in 3..2...
Wow.  If the picture to the left is any indication, I'm pregnant.  Like REALLY pregnant.  Almost 9 months pregnant.  And while I'm one of those weirdos who really likes being pregnant, this whole 3rd trimester, down to the nitty gritty thing is starting to get to me.  I'm so thankful for this blessing and I refuse to take for granted the fact that there are many women who aren't able to have children of their own, and women who are sick and bed-ridden for 40 weeks of their pregnancy.  And all in all I've had a very textbook, easy pregnancy.  But the fact of the matter is, I'm small - he's big, and every move I make is really starting to hurt.  Even when I sit still and HE's the one moving, it hurts.  I still love to feel him kick or roll, and it's hilarious to watch, but it takes my breath more often than I'd like to admit.  And while Drew and I lay on the couch every evening and play "what body part is that", I know he's just as ready to meet this little guy as I am - and to have his wife back to her old self.  It's official - I'm fastly approaching the point where I'm ready to hold him on the outside, rather than feel him on the inside.  I don't even focus on the '7 weeks to go!' approach - instead I focus on the '4 weeks til he's full term!' way of thought.  I know this is probably just setting myself up for disappointment when I go to like an unheard of 48 weeks without any indication of labor or baby, but it's the only thing that gets me through most days.  And even when I reach that golden 37th week, I can just think 'any day now'.  I know every single day is better for him to be inside, as his lungs grow and mature, but selfishly I'd like my own lungs back to be able to expand to their full extent - something I don't think they've done for about 3 months now.  Until then, I'll continue on with my daily routine - work, come home, put on one of Drew's really soft tshirts, crawl in bed, sleep for an hour, get up and eat a few bites of dinner, take a bath, then crawl back in bed until I fall asleep for the night.  What a life ;)

I had my 2wk drs appt on Monday - and I'm now in the rotation, where I have to see all of the doctors at the office so we're familiar with eachother in case Dr Belle isn't on call when I go into labor.  However, while it's always nice to meet a friendly face, I'll do anything in my power to have no one other than Dr Belle herself deliver this baby.  End of story.  Anywho, I saw Dr Parker.  He's a nice, younger guy - about 6'4.  My appointment was typical - I still haven't gained any weight in over a month - I actually lost 2 lbs.  He said as long as the baby is measuring well (which he is), I dont have anything to worry about.  So again, less weight that I gain, less weight I have to lose when this is over.  :)  I do find it odd that I'm the only person I know who can go to the gym at 5:30am and work out with her trainer to the edge of death and not lose a single pound - but have me grow a human being and I lose with no effort.  Normal.  But not complaining.  Dr Parker read over my chart and noticed that my blood is rH negative - which meant I had to have an antibodies screening (by none other than Braids McBadNurse) and then proceed to have a Rhogam shot.  I had never even heard of such, but apparently if you are rh negative and there's a chance that the baby is rh positive, the antibodies in your blood can possibly attack and kill your baby if your blood mixes with your baby's blood for any reason. The rhogam shot prevents that.  Sounds terrifying, but it's really common and it just makes me really thankful that there's such advances in modern medicine that can detect and prevent this kind of thing from happening.  (Now, lets get working on that cure for cancer, because I'd REALLY love to see that in my lifetime).  All in all, 33wks, I'm healthy - baby's healthy - and my butt's a little sore. 

Now that my shower is over, the nursery is complete, and the only thing we really HAVE to do is our prenatal classes, which aren't until Aug 11, we sit - and we wait.

7 weeks to go (or 4 if you're counting the way I am...)


WEEK 33 CRAVINGS:  Once again, my cravings of trimesters past has come to haunt me.  And this week it came in the form of Oreos and milk.  However, in really thinking about this 'craving', I wonder if it's really that as much as it's my lifelong love for this treat.  I remember eating Oreos and milk as my bedtime snack when I was teeniny!!  Either way, not much has changed between now and then because 1) I still LOOOOVE it and 2) I'm unable to get them on my own, so someone has to get them for me.  When I was younger, it was momma or daddy - and now that I'm barely able to move off the couch, it's Drew.  So, when I asked him for some the other night and he kept saying 'in a minute' (guess he was too busy seeing what was going on in the Twittersphere), I got impatient and from the couch cushion right next to him, sent him this Tweet (which immediately got his attention, and resulted in 5 Oreos and a glass of milk in front of me in no time):
Ah, technology.
WEEK 33 "Dose of Daddy":  Dana always said one of the smartest things they did during her pregnancy was to have a 'Diaper Shower', where a bunch of guys get together and celebrate with the dad-to-be and bring diapers.  Basically, it's a keg party where the dad-to-be gets to hang out with all of his friends that he hasn't had time to see over the past few months because of his nagging, preggo wife, and all the guys bring diapers (which are either a reasonable size because their wives or girlfriends bought them, or just whatever size they first grabbed because they were afraid to be in the baby isle longer than 30 seconds).   Anyway, Andrew had his on Saturday night.  And let me tell you - not only did we get a TON of diapers (6-8 months worth, I figure), but the guys (all around a median age of 30-35) put frat houses around the country to shame.  I spent the night at Dana's, and what I came home to not only disgusted me, but in a way made me proud and happy that the guys had so much fun.  Everyone is so busy these days with their own lives and their own families, it was nice to know that they could all kick back and just have fun for a night.  Now, I may sing a different tune once I get the noise ordinance fine from the HOA, but til then...
YAY for diapers!!

Frat houses around the country - show some respect.

WEEK 33 "To Remembers":  Some day very soon, I'm gonna miss looking down and seeing this bump.  It's become proof that God is alive and works in the miracle business - and it's more than become my favorite accesory.  I'm gonna miss giggleing when I see it move with my little blessing inside.  I'm gonna miss being weirded out when my stomach is lopsided from him being completely on one side while the other side looks flat and baby-free.  I'm gonna miss it - big time.  So although I'm a tiny bit miserable and know that it's only going to get worse over the next few weeks, I'm trying to take in the little time that I have left with my bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment