Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

25 Week Recap: Memorial Day for the Lake Baby!

Okay, so this is the only 'pregnant, sitting down, in a bathing suit' pose you're gonna get.  So enjoy it :)

Week 25 was kinda rough at first, but ended REALLY great.  Drew called to let me know that rather than coming home that Saturday as planned, he was going to have to stay another 3 days to do some additional training.  I was okay with that at first, knowing that I'd deal with anything to help support him in this 'new job' transition and reminding myself that it was equally as hard on him being away from home as it was on me not having him there.  So I sucked it up, stocked up on Easy Mac for dinners and decided to make the best of it.  Then came Tuesday.  I have no idea where it came from, but the hormone monster invaded my body and I had just had it.  I wanted him home - I NEEDED him home.  For someone 6 months pregnant, it's really hard to keep up with the little things that you don't think about.  (i.e. rolling the humongo trash can down to the curb while still trying to maintain your balance with this basketball extending out in front of you - or, cleaning out the litter box, which is a HUGE pregnancy no-no...my apologies to Greyson, who took it upon himself to show his displeasure by simply pooping on the spare bathroom floor.  At least he got the main purpose of the room correct).  So, after freaking out on Drew, and then feeling REALLY guilty about it because I knew it was just as much out of his control as it was out of mine, I pulled myself together and enjoyed the last few nights I had of Bravo and Bachelorette on DVR...when low and behold, he surprised me by coming in around midnight on Wednesday.  He had originally planned to not tell me and just show up in the middle of the night, but after running this idea past my mom and both of them deciding the scare could easily put me in labor, he called when he was in WV and let me know he'd be home that night.  I don't think I've ever been that excited and ready to see someone.  I missed him SO much - and was beyond thankful to have him home.  2 days is a good amount of time for couples to have some space and appreciate eachother - 2 weeks...wayyyy to long.

We enjoyed being around eachother again on Thursday and Friday I worked a half day and we picked up Brandon and Avers and headed to the lake for a long Memorial Day weekend!! 
Me and the Avers - backseat chillin
(she loves her Cohen)

It's crazy how much fun we have no matter where we go or what we're doing.
(oh hello, double chin...)

It was an awesome weekend, filled with really great food, a block party where it was awesome to see all of my lake family, and lots of fun in the sun!  Momma even bought me a new float for the summer (pictured above).  It's awesome and big enough to fit both me and Cohen next summer!  I can't wait for my little fishy to be here :)  While there was skepticism as to whether the float (which rocks in the water) could even be turned over and if I could actually fall out of it, the theory was proved to be incorrect on Sunday, as I completely slipped out and into Hurricane Cove.  No worries though, I was actually tired of floating and resorted to our typical in-the-lake setup: turning the ski jackets upside down and sitting in them like a diaper.  I may have had to use the largest one that we had, but it was really comfy to just float around and be weightless - considering the extra I'm packing on, my muscles and joints really thanked me for the water therapy.  Pretty sure that's exactly how I'll be spending the tail end of my pregnancy - just floating around, whether it be pool or lake...that's where you'll find me.

WEEK 25 CRAVINGS:  It was so hot this week that I really didn't eat a whole lot, nor did I really want anything in particular.  One day I didn't even eat lunch - just had a smoothie from Smoothie King.  Besides, the way that Cohen's laying, no matter what I eat, I can only have a few bites and feel so full that I'm going to be sick...so yeah, other than the typical green apples and lemon juice ice water, no new cravings.

WEEK 25 "Dose of Brothers":  I don't really know who coined the nicknames "Brother" when Brandon and Drew refer to eachother, but it's pretty much the sweetest Bromance of all time.  A Bromance that rivals Starsky and Hutch...maybe even Bert and Ernie.  One thing is for sure with these two - when they get together, they make it a point to have the BEST.TIME.EVER and blow it out in any and every way possible.  These moments together are especially special when they're experienced at the lake.  You can expect them to always stay up til 2am, whether it's in the garage playing Tunk or on the boat, just hanging out in a (kind of) totally heterosexual way.  While they may not remember every conversation they have during this time together, they sure do make everyone laugh - and this weekend was no exception when they put Avery in the lake and decided to 'reward her' for staying on her own float with Bud Light.  With her special pink bear (that Uncle Dru brought her from the dumpster in Chapin), we captured this moment:
No animals were harmed - except for the pink bear who almost drowned like 50 times.
WEEK 25 "To Remembers":  Saturday momma and I had pedicures in town, and afterwards we took lunch to Susan Dickens and her family.  Susan is one of momma's sweet church friends, and she is nearing the end of her battle with Ovarian Cancer.  It was so nice to get to have the blessing to actually hug her neck, but seeing her so frail and tired really put alot in perspective for me.  She was on the back deck, overlooking the lake with her husband, daughter, son and daughter in law.  As much as they were trying to enjoy the weekend together, you could see the pain and helplessness in their eyes.  I missed Drew in Cleveland for 2 weeks - I can't imagine being her husband, Randy, knowing that soon she'll be in Heaven for eternity.  And I can't even fathom being one of her children, as they watch the woman who gave them life slowly lose hers.  I got in the car after we dropped off the food and said our goodbyes and just stared at my momma for a few minutes.  She is so beautiful, so caring, so perfect when I think of what a mother should be - and I was overwhelmed with not only how blessed I was to have her as mine, but how incredibly thankful I am for each and every moment we have together - alive and free from disease and just enjoying life. 
Life is so very short - and especially now that I'm about to have a child of my own, I really value everyone that I'm surrounded with that God has blessed my life with that has helped make me the person I am today.  So for everyone reading this right now, do yourself a favor and stop whatever it is you're doing - send a text, an email, a phone call, or if you're lucky enough to have someone special in the same room as you to hug - and tell them how much they mean to you and how much you love them.  Because life really is so very precious - and so are the people in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment