Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 14, 2012

27 Week Recap: 3rd Trimester, Baby Baybayyyyy!

Okay, so I know this isn't a true 'belly' shot, but it's got my belly in it (kind of) and I wanted to take advantage of a day when I could actually see my knees and ankle bones :)

Ready for some REALLY exciting news!? 
I'M OFFICIALLY IN THE 3rd TRIMESTER!! 
Yay for the home stretch, for the fact that the countdown is on til I can see my feet without bending over and that there's only about 13 week left until I meet my lil man!!  Can I get an 'amen'!?  This journey has been one of the most exciting things I've ever experienced, but I have to admit that I'm starting to really have days where I'm ready to feel like a normal person again.  It's indescribable to share such a special bond with the baby and to feel every move he makes, but I'm starting to get really uncomfortable - all the time - and it'll be beyond nice to be able to sleep longer than 45 minutes at a time without having to get up and pee.  Plus, in return for all of these things, I also get a BABY in the end!  Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!  Please don't confuse me for one of those girls who constantly complains about every little pregnancy thing.  I've been incredibly blessed with a very healthy and happy pregnancy and I've cherished every single moment (even the not-so-pretty ones where my head was buried in a toilet).  But, I promised this blog would be full of the good and bad things I'm experiencing, so I'm only being honest in admitting that they weren't lying when they said that the 3rd trimester really is the toughest. 

On top of the fun aches and pains that accompany this continually growing linebacker of a baby that I'm carrying, this week was the one where I had to face the dreaded glucose test.  UGH!  I made Drew come with me because 1) he hadn't met Dr Belle yet, 2) he hadn't heard his baby's heartbeat since week 17 and 3) there was no way I was sitting in that office alone and bored for an entire hour during my test.  So I got there, drank the disgusting orange drink in the alloted 5 minute time limit and sat and thought 'wow, that was the fastest 5 minutes ever...if they served that at the end of each work day, the last few minutes would FLY by instead of the clock moving backwards'.  But alas, I survived and we met with Dr Belle for my bi-weekly appointment (I can't believe I'm already at the point where I have to go every 2 weeks) - and Cohen is growing and thriving right on track!!  Dr Belle has already blamed 'Mr Handsome' (as she referred to Drew) for the size of the baby, but I guess that's expected when you marry someone an entire foot and 1 inch taller than you.  I've only gained another 2 lbs since my last appointment, and I'm happy to report that it's pretty much all in my belly.  I'm still waiting for the appt where I gain 30 pounds in 2 weeks, but I'm trying really hard to avoid that.  My weight is perfect and actually a few pounds under the average!  YAY!  Dr Belle said they'd call with my results of my blood work, but that 'even the big girls pass the test' (OMG, she's such a trip - she has got to be the one to deliver this baby - she's already checked and she's on call for my due date, but in the dire circumstance that she's not, I will cross my legs until she is.  I thrive on people being funny, and I need her there).  So, I confidently walked out, knowing I had aced the glucose test and I was home free.  ***note to my readers: I'm writing this during my 28th week and just got a call that I actually failed the test and have to go in for the 3hr re-test...but more on that next week.  FUN.

The rest of the week was kind of awesome because they were remodeling our office at work, so I got 2 free days to 'work from home'.  I honestly did a little bit of work, but I did more sleeping in and catching up on my reality tv.  Either way, it was awesome to relax and not have to rush out the door in the morning.  It made me even more excited for Maternity Leave, when I can just settle in to the role of being a mommy and spend time with little man.
CHEERS TO THE HOME STRETCH!


WEEK 27 CRAVINGS:  Drew and I took advantage of the fact that we were both home on Friday afternoon and traveled to NoDa for a late lunch at Cabo Fish Taco.  We grubbed out so hard that we weren't even hungry for dinner.  However, around 8:30 I had the ridic craving of a strawberry milkshake and only Cookout would do.  So we piled in the car and that way.  Luckily there's one close and we both got a shake and a burger.  Best Friday night date night in a a long time :)


WEEK 27 "Dose of Daddy":   Things got REALLY real at Casa de Sac this week when Drew decided he'd put the bassinet together.  This was the first thing that's actually required assembly and more than a few times I heard him say something to the effect of "OMG, ish is gettin real - I can't believe I'm putting this together for my baby'.  I'm happy to admit that construction was completed in a timely fashion, and with minimal cursing involved.  It's funny how the bigger my stomach gets, the longer Drew's 'honey-do' list gets. Up next: painting.  Ohhh, how he's gonna love me after this task.
Our test subject approves of the bassinet.

WEEK 27 "To Remembers":  I remember my momma always saying that even when we have children, it's vital to any marriage to still always put your partner first.  With that said, I'm realizing how busy life is getting and the baby isn't even here yet - so it's easy to understand why most couples get stuck in the day in and day out humdrum of life and it all becomes so routine that they take for granted their significant other and start treating them more as a roommate than with the respect and passion that a husband/wife deserves.  Since we began dating, Andrew and I have had this rule that unless it's completely unavoidable, we don't make plans on Monday nights - that's our night to just veg out and settle down from the first day of a new week.  We also try and observe 'Friday Night Date Night' as often as we can.  Whether it's a sit down dinner at a nice restaurant or a milkshake and burger fromt he Cookout drive-thru, these nights are my favorite.  Being such a social couple who loves the time we share with our friends, it's always SO nice for it to just be the two of us.  I can't predict how crazy life if about to get in the next 3 months with a new person to share our home with.  For 4 years it's just been us.  But we have more than enough lvoe for eachother, that we're so excited to share with Cohen...we just need to remember to always make it a priority to take time for just the 2 of us so that we can keep that love continually growing. 
6/7 @ Ziggy's for the Simplified show.


1 comment:

  1. You are doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work and you can make it. By the way I laughed at the comment where you said you would just keep your legs shut for the doctor and just wait, by that time you can't help but push and want to push. Who cares who is there. Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete