Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The First Time I Saw Your Face...

Beautiful quote on the wall of the waiting room @ The Prenatal Picture.


For a few weeks I keep thinking that I needed to do a little research and find a place to schedule my 3d/4d ultrasound.  Being crazy busy and with the insane increasingly long to-do list, it keeps slipping my mind and I just get further and further along.  Afraid I was going to miss out on the recommended "26-32 week" window that yield the best results for this kind of ultrasound, I took it to The Book and asked all of my current or former preggo friends where they went and who they recommended.  The response was overwhelming, "Go to The Prenatal Picture off Johnston Rd!!"  So I immediately called and got in for the next morning (which was yesterday, 6/20).  This was even more convenient since Wednesday offered a mid week special price and Momma was in town from the night before, so she was able to go with us last minute!

There weren't words for how excited I was, but nothing could have prepared me for what I saw on that screen.  We arrived and sat down to fill out paper work in what felt more like a spa or massage place rather than an ultrasound spot.  This was awesome because I immediately felt relaxed and loved the low lighting and the soft music in the background.  The ultrasound tech, Mary was super cool as well.  She was personable and really made us feel special and at ease.

So, I got called back, pulled my huge self onto a REALLY soft bed (why can't all beds at drs offices be like this!!??) and if not for my anticipation of what we were getting ready to see, I would have immediately fallen asleep and been out for the rest of the day.
But, no time for that - as soon as I was propped up, Mary applied the goo and there was my little boy on the movie screen in front of me.  Momma and Drew had a smaller screen right beside me to look at, which was actually better for Drew since a) he didn't have his glasses with him and b) he can't ever tell what he's looking at on an ultrasound anyway. 
It had been a long 12 weeks since my last ultrasound when we found out that Cohen was a boy and I was so excited to see him again.  But this time was different - at first it looked like a typical black and white ultrasound, which is cool enough because you can see real-time movements, but then Mary clicked something and BAM.  There was my little boy's face.  His lips, his eyes, his mouth, his sweet cheeks that I can't wait to kiss all over.  And in that moment, I felt more in love than I ever had before - and wanted nothing more than to hold him right then and there (immediate bawling commenced).
He was perfect.  And beyond cute.  And has my lips - and my chubby cheeks.  And he has hair!  Not a ton of it, but we saw proof of at least a little bit!  I was amazed, giggling and crying at the same time. 
We had a full 25 minutes of watching our little guy make his big screen debut.  His umbilical cord was right up near his face and he kept trying to yank it down, but you can see it in most of the pictures.  Drew said that it was his 'cord shades'.  He opened and closed his mouth, he kicked his perfect little feet and sucked on his perfect little hand.  I know I sound redundant, but ''perfect" is the only word to describe every single thing about this baby.
I'm one of those people who love to watch fish swim around - but as much as that entertains me, nothing could have entertained me as much as watching my baby.  I could have laid there all day, just staring at him.

I can't believe we have a face to go with a name...and seeing this made me even more excited to meet him and actually be able to hold him.  I feel like I know him so well right now - and I know he knows me too...but I'm ready for the next 10 weeks to fly by so that he's here...and I can get to know him even better.  My perfect, handsome, adorable baby boy.

The sweetest little button nose ever!

He's gonna be a talker, just like his momma.

Seriously, he could sign a makeup contract w/ Revlon w/ those lips.

'The Thinker'

Sweet Chubby Cheeks - he gets em honest!

Still fighting w/ the cord...

Chillaxin w/ his 'Cord Shades'

Seriously - our kid is Tebowing in utero...he's an epic baby already.

No comments:

Post a Comment