Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

14 Week Recap

Bye bye bloat - this is ALL baby, baby.
Once again, the week proved to be kind of uneventful.  Ah, such is the life of a preggo. 
The uneventfulness was actually really welcome, considering the closing and the move and everything else we've had on the back burner lately.

We spent most of our spare time just unpacking boxes and relaxing.  It's crazy how much stuff we have - we still have an entire house of stuff in the garage.  The plan is to tackle that this weekend. 

We got a fridge on Tuesday (or was that Wednesday...ugh I cant get my days straight anymore) and let me tell you - you don't realize how much you enjoy the luxury of having a fridge until you're having to go back and forth to the styrofoam cooler on the back patio just to get milk to ease your pregnancy-induced heartburn.  Fun stuff!  Made us really appreciate something we obviously take for granted. 

I made my first dinner in my new kitchen this past week - baked crunchy pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans.  We had our good friends, the O'Briens, over and it was awesome to relax in my own kitchen and make dinner for everyone :)  I look forward to every time I get to cook in that kitchen - and cant wait until the baby is big enough to help me out!  Their 10 month old, Damon, is crawling all over the place now and it made me realize I only have about a year and a half to enjoy my house being beautiful with cool little accent pieces here and there.  I wasn't worried at all about him breaking something, but I was so scared he was going to get hurt because Aunt Lindsey's house isn't exactly 'kid-friendly'...at least not just yet. 

Friday evening was awesome because Momma and Aunt Patty came to visit!!  It was awesome to have them there - I sat and watched and talked while Momma made enough spaghetti to feed an army and Aunt Patty made the biggest batch of Nanner Puddin I've ever seen.  It's been less than a week and it's almost completely gone...I think it actually says my name when I walk by the fridge.  But I choose to blame it on the baby - who am I to deprive my sweet little one when they want nanner puddin??  Besides, bananas are high in protein and potassium and all other kinds of good-for-you things, so I'm actually doing something really great for the baby by feeding it nanner puddin.  The calories in the actual 'puddin' are just a slight afterthought. :D

Saturday we had some friends over and that evening we went to the Checkers game with Brandon and Denise.  B got the tickets through work, so we were only about 12 rows up from the ice, which, considering the crazy stair climbing that the last Checkers game entailed, was AWESOME.  We had a great time and the guys even got on the JumboTron score board thingy. 

Sunday we missed church because I woke up with a terrible headache and a stuffy nose.  Hello pregnancy rhinitis!!  I've always been one prone to seasonal allergy and sinus issues, so with those two things combined, I should have a pretty enjoyable Spring season.  I'm just trying to keep myself from my previous non-preggo life as a pill popper and tough it out.  Like all other pregnancy symptoms though, both good and bad, I'll take it as a blessing and smile through the snot.

WEEK 14 CRAVINGS:  Bojangles large half sweet/half unsweet tea with extra lemon.  Again.  And strawberry popsicles (the kind with the real fruit in them) - they are my 3:30pm treat at work and I look forward to them everyday - especially after my 3pm 'I've hit a wall and cant even imagine making it til 5' daily experience.  Oh, and AP's nanner puddin.  She's gonna have to come make it for me weekly now.
WEEK 14 AVERSIONS:  I'm happy to say that I think the pregnancy aversions section may be dwindling.  I'm back to loving chicken and I cant really think of anything that makes me want to hurl when the thought or smell crosses my path.  YAY for normalcy.  Whatever pregnancy 'normalcy' is.
WEEK 14 "To Remembers": Being the DD isn't always fun, but it's necessary at times and considering I'm forbid to indulge in any alcoholic spirit for the next 5 months, it makes sense for me to be the ideal candidate.  However, you better believe everyone that I'm toting around these days while they're having the time of their life and I'm in the drivers seat sure does owe me, big time.  I've started a list...and at the rate that it's growing, I wont have to drive ANYWHERE for the next 5 or so years.

No comments:

Post a Comment