Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

13 Week Recap - HELLO 2nd TRIMESTER!!


The view from the top.
 IT'S OFFICIAL - 2nd TRIMESTER IS HEERRRREEE!!!
And I couldn't be more thrilled!  Bye bye nausea, bye bye spending half the day with my head in the toilet.  However, I have to say hello to dizziness, headaches and heartburn.  Whatever, I'll gladly take it over the quality time I spent praying to the porcelain gods. 

This week was SUPER busy, with the move and all.  So busy, in fact, that I didn't even remember to take my weekly bump pic.  However, I did have my feet up on my computer at work and took this picture to send to Drew.  Working hard - or hardly working?  You be the judge, but it's safe to say that I was little more than slightly distracted this past week.

We spent almost every spare moment we had in the beginning of the week packing and organizing the townhome.  I had NO idea how much stuff we've accumulated over the past year!  I'm thankful we have it though because the house is huge and it's gonna take a lot of odds and ends to decorate 3000 square feet.  Monday I learned the hard way what the doctor meant when he said "take it easy and don't push yourself".  I packed up the kitchen while Drew worked a little late, and by the time he got home and I sat down, my back settled and I was crawling on my hands and knees to the bathroom because my lower back hurt so bad.  I think this has been the hardest thing for me to understand so far - I know that I have to take it easy, but there's nothing really "easy" when it comes to moving and I just wanted it done.  And what's worse is that with this new-found 2nd trimester energy spurt, my body doesn't really 'tell' me when I need to stop...I just eventually sit down and realize I've pushed myself too far.  I learned my lesson though and while it was frustrating to sit on the couch with my heating pad and watch Drew pack the rest of the stuff, I knew that if I didn't, I'd really regret it.  So I relaxed and didn't pick up one single box...I just directed furniture traffic and focused on my favorite part of moving: unpacking and organizing :)

We closed on Friday and by Saturday evening, all of our furniture was in!!  I woke up Sunday morning in my new master bedroom and thought to myself 'I really get to LIVE here!?...and this is really OURS!?'  It's just so beautiful and so much more than I expected for me and Andrew at only 30 years old.  I mean, this is a 'forever' type of house and to own it at such a young age is so crazy to me.  I was there by myself for a few minutes on Saturday morning before the guys got there and stood in what's going to be the baby's nursery and was just amazed at how much God has blessed us with over the past few months.  And I know those blessings are going to increase by a million once this baby arrives. 

I'm BEYOND thankful for all of my family and friends that have encouraged and supported us to make this dream a reality.  Andrew and I have worked so hard over the past year or so to get us to the point where we could buy, but we couldn't have done it without all of the love and prayers and generosity of the people that we're so blessed to have in our lives.  We love you ALL more than you'll ever know.


Home Sweet Home.
 WEEK 13 CRAVINGS:  Panda Express crunchy honey pecan shrimp and beijing beef.  3 good reasons why this craving is awesome: 1) for a 3-entree and 1 side dish meal, that will feed both Drew and myself, it's only $9.  SCORE.  2) in the midst of the move, havinga  Panda Express at Rivergate was incredibly convenient.  So convenient in fact, that we ate there twice this week.  YUM.  3) Every time you eat at Panda Express they give you a survey at the bottom of your receipt that when you fill it out, gives you a free entree.  My new obsession, Operation 'Save Money/Stay Organized' is off to a good start!
  • WEEK 13 AVERSIONS:  Moving.  I know this isn't an actual pregnancy-related aversion, but even the thought of moving consumes me with anxiety and makes me a little nauseas.  I'm so glad it's over and even more glad that I don't have to do it again for a LONG time.  Considering I've moved almost every single year since I was 18, it's nice to know that we're finally putting down some roots and we won't have to complete another move for many, many years. 
  • WEEK 13 "To Remembers": When the doctor says to 'take it easy', he means business.  And that my husband is the most amazing person in the world - how hard he worked to move everything and how he picked up my slack because I couldn't be much help was so awesome.  But beyond that, his care and concern for me and the baby and me overdoing it was so comforting.  I knew I had a good one, but this just further confirms that I have the best.
  • 2 comments:

    1. Yay! So happy you're all moved, congratulations on the house, it's beautiful!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks love - cant wait to have yall over!! :)

      ReplyDelete