Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 19, 2012

15 Week Recap

15 Weeks - YAY FOR DRESSES!
So this week was the first REALLY super nice and warm spring-time weather week we've had so far.  And let me be the first to say, this is like reason 1,362,497 why I LOOOOOOOOVE being a Carolina girl.  It was so awesome to have the windows open and all of the fresh air flowing through the house!!

Monday was awesome because Daddy came over to see the house and take us to dinner!  He loved the house and we had such a great time just chatting and catching up.  I love my long talks with him and how much he makes me laugh!  The yeast rolls at O'Charleys were just an added bonus ;)

I did the first 'active' thing I've done all pregnancy this past week by walking around the neighborhood with Mandy.  It was so nice to be out and about and walking around in the spring weather and looking at the beautiful houses.  I'm one of those people who would rather be working out with someone because if I have someone to talk to the task doesn't seem as daunting and incredibly boring.  I've never been one of those weirdos who "loves" working out.  If given the choice, I'd rather be on the couch with a bag of Doritos, but in the attempt to remain as healthy and happy as possible for this baby, I traded the Doritos for Nikes and really had a great time.  I think we did about 2 1/2 miles, which, for my first time and keeping up with someone who isn't pregnant, I think it was a pretty successful trip!! 

Thursday afternoon I had my 4-month checkup and this time I actually got to see MY doctor, the beloved Dr Belle.  There aren't enough great things I can say about her and I can tell you that if she happens to not be on-call to deliver my baby, I will cross my legs as tight as I can and hold this baby in until she shows up.  Baby Sac is doing great - really fast and STRONG heartbeat!  I'm telling you, it's the best sound in the entire world and I could just lay there for hours listening to it.  Naturally, that was the best thing about the appointment, but in a close 2nd was the fact that they gave me what I refer to as the 'penthouse' room.  Being a Midtown OBGYN patient since I was 18, I've only been in this room once or twice and it's awesome.  Reason being?  I give you the view:

Seriously, who gets this view from their OBGYN room??

Friday night Drew and I decided we'd take full advantage of the nice weather and grill out!  Unfortunately, as soon as he threw the steaks on the grill, the sky opened up and it began to storm.  So inside grilling it was!  It smelled good, but by the time it was ready and in front of me, I couldn't eat it.  So I forced a few bites of mashed potatoes and laid on the couch for the rest of the evening.  (I can't lie - about 9pm I started to feel better and had to give into my nightly Oreo and milk craving - but I hadn't really eaten since lunch, so that's how I justified it).  Most nights I just throw caution to the wind and admit my undying 29-year old love affair for Oreos and milk. 

Saturday was an awesome day!  We went downtown for the St Patty's Day Bar Crawl in honor of Brandon's 27th birthday.  (Seriously - 27!?  Ridic.)  Anywho, I was a little terrified of being pregnant in the midst of the world's largest bar crawl, but it ended up being so much fun!  We met up with Dana and their crew at Whiskey River and I danced up a storm with my water and lemon - and I think I fit in pretty well with the 10,000+ bar crawlers, except they sported green beers and I sported a baby bump, but everyone gave me my space and also gave me props.  I only felt slightly skanky and redneck and out of place when I realized I was shakin it and screaming the words to "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and the thought crossed my mind that in 5 months I'd be a mom.  But that thought was quickly replaced with regained awesomeness when 'Yeah' by Usher started.  I was so tired by 6pm and 4 hours of being on my feet so Drew and I headed to Rock Bottom for dinner and then home for the night.  Some may think I'm crazy for even attempting such a feat, but I get it honest - Momma said 27 years ago that day she was out doing the exact same thing - then had Brandon the next day!! So for all of the people who think being pregnant means you're stuck on the couch eating BonBons for 9 months, let me tell you - that's only half true ;)
Can you spot the preggo in the picture? 
HINT: she's the only one grinning like an idiot.


WEEK 15 CRAVINGS:  Frozen green seedless grapes.  I have a bag in my freezer at home, a bag in the freezer at work and I've been known to sit up in bed with pregnancy-induced insomnia at 2am watching a Friends marathon eating them.  I've had these little treats since I was little and my momma gave them to us as a replacement for the traditional sugary popsicle and if you've never tried it, go to the grocery store, buy a bag and freeze them immediately.  You'll thank me - and yourself ;) 
WEEK 15 "Dose of Daddy":  Since I'm (thankfully) past the point of the first trimester pregnancy aversions, I've decided to replace that section of the weekly recap with a "Dose of Daddy".  This will give me an opportunity to share a weekly picture or funny anecdote from Drew in attempt to make you laugh.  This week I give you a picture I took yesterday afternoon.  We haven't had a chance to get window treatments or even blinds for our house yet, so this is how Drew was dealing with the sunset while trying to enjoy March Madness. 
He looks like a very chic Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget with Greyson sitting right beside him.
WEEK 15 "To Remembers": Even at 4 months pregnant I can still shake it with the best of em.  With that said, I have a new appreciation for my garden bathtub that I soaked my feet in for almost an hour that night.




1 comment:

  1. Love your updates Lindsey! I'm glad you got out there to shake it on St.Paddy's day :) And as always, you look completely ADORBS!!

    ReplyDelete