Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 30, 2012

Oh boy, IT'S A BOY!!!

Cohen Lees Jaroscak, EDD September 2, 2012!!

Oh my goodness - there really aren't words for how I'm feeling right now...where do I even begin to start!?!

Yesterday was our Level 2 Ultrasound, which not only gave us a clear picture of Baby Sac and how everything is growing and developing, but it also gave us the opportunity to plan out the shopping spree of a lifetime.  As an avid shopper, I can tell you that I thought I've hit the holy grail of purchases a few times in my life.  For example, senior year of highschool I bought the perfect Cache' Prom dress...and 2 years ago I bought the perfect princess wedding dress.  But never have I been more excited for THIS shopping spree...but first we had to find out whether we'd be buying pink or blue!!

I dont know why, but I was incredibly nervous, sitting in the waiting room...I couldn't seem to sit still!  I don't know whether it was the anticipation of knowing that in a few minutes I'd know if I was going to be a Momma to a baby girl or boy, or if it was the Arby's Big Montana and large Coke (not diet, not caffiene free - I wanted to make sure this baby showed us the goods, so I housed a large full-blown, high octane Coca-Cola), that momma and I split in the car on the way to my appointment.  Either way, I thought I was going to go crazy!!  Drew got there and seemed way more calm than I was (naturally, of course), and I asked him one last time what he thought Baby Sac was going to be.  From day 1 I've thought boy, although there were a few times that I let the old wive's tales get in my head and given my morning sickness or the skin breakouts or the high heart rate, I thought we may be having a girl.  But my gut always said boy.  Not for Drew - he has said girl, and said girl again yesterday in the waiting room.  Finally, they called us back...

I remember walking down the hall and thinking to myself that the next time I passed a certain picture on the wall, I would know the sex of our baby! My ultrasound tech was a student in her last round of internship. So it was cool because she was REALLY thorough and wanted to make sure she impressed everyone watching her by really taking her time, which of course, was fine with me :) I laid back and took a deep breath... 3 minutes of the tech waving the wand around my stomach and I saw it...and yelled "OMG, it's a BOY". Now, given that I'm no 'official' ultrasound tech (although given the hours I've spent Googling and YouTubing ultrasounds at every gestational age possible I think I could be well on my way to a really high-paying career in the u/s field), I know that Drew and Momma had their doubts about me.  But you should have seen the look on their faces when the tech said "well, I wasn't going to say anything yet, but you're right...IT'S A BOY!"  A BOY!  WE'RE HAVING A BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, HEALTHY LITTLE BABY BOY!!  I'm bawling, Momma's bawling, Andrew's jumping around in full 2-yr old Christmas morning style and it was by far one of the most amazing moment in my entire life.
No denying it - IT'S A BOY!


The next hour or so was just me laying there, in complete awe of the tiny little man on the screen in front of me.  I kept thinking 'this is all in life that really matters'.  There are so many days where I get consumed with people and things around me, and in that moment of clarity, I knew that none of those things mattered.  I have a husband who adores me, a family that completely supports us, amazing friends that share in every inch of our joy, and now I have a SON who will contribute more than I can ever imagine to making me the happiest woman in the world.  I can't seem to find the words to thank God for all He has done and continues to do for us.  "Thank you" doesn't seem to even come close to doing it justice.  But I find myself just repeating it over and over and over...and I'll continue to do so every day for the rest of my life. 

I am so thrilled to be able to report that our little boy is completely happy and 100% healthy. We saw his brain, all 4 chambers of his beautiful heart, and the rest of his vital organs that are working perfectly! All of my blood work came back normal, no chromosomal or genetic abnormalities. We even got to see him playing with his feet and folding his hands as if he was praying. He must share in my gratitude for how amazing of a little blessing he is. Boy or girl, I would have been happy given either gender. However, now that I've had 24 hours of knowing that I'm going to have a son, I can't imagine having anything but. 
Momma's Boy :)

We met Uncle Boo for a celebratory patio session at Nolen Kitchen!  I dont know that I've ever seen him so happy.  He's already talking about taking the baby to his first Braves game and I know they're going to be BFF!  In honor of a BOY, he ordered a BLUE Moon (which they no longer carry) and then requested a Pabst BLUE ribbon (which hello, it's Nolen, not Rack Em), so he told the bartender to just make him something blue.  And that's exactly what he got!  We couldn't decide what exactly was in it and I'm sure it was sweeter than what Brandon's used to, but he didn't care, as long as there was blue in the glass.
Proud Uncle Boo!!

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent shopping and celebrating!  I'll have to take pictures later of the start to what is sure to be an enviable closet for any male, as less than 5 hours into knowing we were having a boy, this child already has 7 Polo outfits! 
We had dinner outside at City Tavern, and Momma took what I realized is the first picture that Drew and I have had made together in a LONG time...but considering it was such a momentous occasion, I said ok and smiled as pretty as I could after bawling all my makeup off during our dr visit.
Daddy and Mommy!!

Thanks to Momma (aka, Grammy Mack), we had blue cupcakes and cookies to help us celebrate...and I have to admit, I celebrated last night and twice this morning before I left the house...I mean, who can deny themselves cupcakes and homemade sugar cookies?  I justify it saying that I'm doing it for my son.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Yum.  That is all.

So there you have it - come September I'll be really outnumbered in my house, given the male gender of my husband, my cat, and now my son.  But trust me, I have enough love in my heart for all of them...and I couldn't be more blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you all and I loved your post. I can't wait for our boys to meet each other and for us to meet our boys!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete