Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

16 Week Recap: Dermatologist + Pregnancy = Not a Good Look.

16ish Weeks
So I have to be completely honest about something - the 'self portraits' I take aren't really from the week that it says they are.  They were at first, but now since I've gotten past the morning sickness and I look at my bump more like a really cool accesory than an actual sign that I'm pregnant, I kind of forget sometimes that I am.  So, I take a picture when I think about it - and because some websites say I'm a week further than the doctor says I am, let's just say from now on all pictures will end with the phrase "-ish", so I dont feel like I'm completely lying to everyone.  Ok, now that my conscious is clear, let's get onto all of the wonderful and exciting things that happened in Week 16...

The week began on Monday with an 8am trip to the lab at the OB office for the 2nd round of the blood work for the genetic testing.  I'm feeling kind of like a pin cushion these days, but at least I can finally make it back and forth to the doctor that I've been to since I was 18 without getting lost.  Dangit, Charlotte and your one-way streets!!

Tuesday was Drew's first softball game of the Spring season.  It's great for us because it gives him a night to do something that he loves and time to hang out with his friends, and it allows me a night to lay around, not have to cook for anyone but myself (Spaghettio's anyone!?) and I have a chance to catch up on all of my beloved Bravo shows on my DVR.  Last Tuesday was especially exciting though because it was the first time I actually felt the baby KICK.  It wasn't those little flutters or the swimmy feeling I've had off and on, but a real kick!!  It was the coolest feeling!!  Drew ran over to feel it, but he was so disappointed when I told him that it would be a few more weeks before the baby was big and strong enough for him to be able to feel it from the outside.  Since then I've felt it a few times a day, but I try and keep my sheer excitement to a minimum because I dont want Drew to feel left out.  But let me say, it's the coolest feeling in the entire world.

Wednesday kind of sucked.  I had an appt at the dermatologist for my 6mo checkup.  Now, no one is EVER a fan of the dreaded derm, but being pregnant, it especially sucked.  Not only did he ask me to roll over on my stomach (um, 4mos preggo doc, kind of impossible) and gave me attitude when I couldnt, but then he took a pencil eraser-sized piece off the back of my left leg.  And 'because I was pregnant', he couldn't numb it or cauterize it.  So basically I was left with about 10 layers of gauze and a crazy looking bandage wrapped around my leg.  NOT a good day to be sporting a sun dress.  Oh, and when the receptionist asked when I wanted to schedule my next 6mo checkup and recommended that September 6 was free, I had to tell her I'd either be in labor or had just given birth, so that probably wasn't an ideal date.  Ugh - glad I dont have to do that for another 6mos!!

Thursday - ONE WEEK TIL WE FIND OUT WHETHER BABY SAC IS GOING TO BE A CHEERLEADER OR A LINEBACKER!  (Dear Lord, please let the time between now and then go by faaaaast!)

Friday evening was spent at our dear friend, Vinny Spaulding's engagement party.  It was such a good time and awesome to see Skip and Shirleen and some people we hadn't seen in awhile!  They're like family to us and we couldn't be happier for Vinny and Courtney!  Can't wait til the big day on July 28th - although I'll probably have to be rolled into the church by then.

Saturday I got up and went to buy some Springtime flowers for the front porch!  It's crazy how much difference a few pots of bright flowers really brings life to an area!  I already can't wait to add to it!  Dana and Kevin and baby Ava came to see the house and visit for awhile and then we went to the DeMeio's for the Ohio State game.  Ohio State is in the Final Four, so it was a pretty happy weekend at the Jaroscak house.  GO BUCKS!!
My beautiful Spring flowers.
Anyone wanna set the over/under on how long I can keep them alive?
WEEK 16 CRAVINGS:  Still on the frozen grape kick.  Thankfully it's a healthy snack because I stuff my face with them.  Also, still on the nightly Oreo and milk kick.  A big shout out to Dana for the pack of Double Stuffs she brought me Saturday.  You'll be happy to know they're almost half gone :)
WEEK 16 "Dose of Daddy":  I had to dig way back into the archives for this week's picture.  This was taken on our cruise in December while we were in port at Cozumel, Mexico.  I laugh when I look at this picture because I was like 3 weeks pregnant and had no idea (and yes, I asked my doctor and he assured me the tequila in the margarita pictured here didn't hurt a thing).  But then I really laugh when I think of Andrew not heeding the waiter's warning when he told us that the habanero salsa was EXTREMELY spicy.  Always up for a challenge (and one to never pay attention to the rules), Drew loaded up a nacho and paid for it...big time.  I've never seen anyone down a margarita so fast in my life...even after a realllllly bad day at work.  Anywho, it made us all laugh...and cost Andrew a gnarly tongue burn and the ability to taste anything for the rest of the day.  OLE'!!
Famous Last Words:  "It can't be THAT spicy".
WEEK 16 "To Remembers":  Take my weekly picture on the actual week that it is.  Duh...
Oh, and to map out the necessary stops for the Baby Sac gender shopping spree that will take place next Thursday immediately following our doctor appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment