Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

12 Week Recap

12 Weeks - hooray for the last week
of the dreaded 1st trimester!
YAY for the last week of my first trimester.  I can't say I'm sad to see it go.  I've been officially 'puke-free' for a few weeks now and finally getting color back in my cheeks :)

The highlight of Week 12 was the it was almost 80 degrees on Thursday.  While this had nothing to do with pregnancy, it sure did make this Momma-to-Be REALLY happy and in a fab mood!  I even rocked an awesome maxi skirt and some stellar jeweled flops.  I'm so ready for summer - although I know when I'm the size of a house and it's 110* outside in August I may be wishing differently.

The little bit of spare time we've had this week has been focused on organizing and packing things for the big move.  Our official closing date is Friday, March 2 and we're SOOO excited.  I'm just ready to be in the new house and settled - and able to breathe and relax a little.  I feel like the Little Engine That Could, reminding myself "I think I can, I think I can". 

Friday night we went to the Charlotte Checkers game - it was so much fun to get out of the house and actually do something fun and random.  Since finding out we were pregnant (and buying a house), I haven't really felt good enough to go out and we've been saving for the closing, so we've been incredibly hermit-like over the past 3 months.  But the weather is getting warmer and I'm feeling better, so I got the itch and we went out on the town!  I even stayed out until 11:30pm!  That sounds so nerdy, considering 11pm used to be REALLY early to me, but I was proud that I made it out that late - we even swung through to hear Troy's band on our way home.  Who says preggo women cant rock it out with the best of em? 

The rest of the weekend was pretty low-key...alot of packing, Nothing But Noodles takeout and alot of napping.  Dana told me when I sleep the baby grows, so I'm taking that advice and taking advantage of any naps that I can, while I still have the chance! 

I did have my first pregnancy-related dream.  It wasn't too weird, but I dream really weird things even when I'm not pregnant, so I'm sure I have it coming to me.  This one was me in labor with a little boy - and he came out the size and looks of a 4 month old.  I was so disappointed, wishing that I had the little itty bitty newborn baby instead of the linebacker.  Drew laughed when I told him about it - although in the back of his mind I'm pretty sure he was thinking "football scholarship" and incredibly proud of the giant I birthed in my dream.  When Dana was pregnant with Ava, I dreamt that she came out speaking Spanish, and that wasn't even my baby, so who knows what I have in store as far as pregnancy dreams go.  But at least I can mark the first off my list.

WEEK 12 CRAVINGS:  This week I have decided to defy what all of the perfect, by-the-book, clean cut Mommas to Be say and have a large sweet tea w/ extra lemons for Bojangles.  Never being one to really follow the rules, I think I did a pretty great job during the first trimester of sticking to the rules.  But now that the most fragile time of Baby Sac's development is over, this rebel Southern momma needs her fix!  So every morning on my way to work I pull in the drive thru and order a large styrofoam cup of the best liquid crack that this state has to offer.  Its so sweet that it usually lasts me until lunch so I drink water for the rest of the day so Baby Sac isn't going too crazy in there with the caffiene and sugar :)

Reason 3,263,489 why I love being a Southerner.

  • WEEK 12 AVERSIONS:  Thank the good Lord, dare I say that I think my aversions have finally started to subside!  The only thing that really gets me these days is brushing my teeth.  But thankfully it's not bad enough to actually make me puke, it's more of a 'gag, then mind over matter' thing. 
  • WEEK 12 "To Remembers": While I had a fab time at the Checkers game, I'm no longer a candidate for the 'cheap seats'.  If it had been a John Mayer concert, you'd expect me to pay top-dollar to get me as close to the stage as possible.  However, for a minor league hockey game I told Drew to just get whatever tickets were cheapest.  This landed us in the nosebleeds, higher up in the TWC Area than I've ever been...and while it was a fun, cheap night, I dont think it was worth the stair climbing - which is especially irritating when you have to pee every 10 minutes.  For a normal person, it would have been a welcome thight/butt-master workout, but for me it was a little miserable. 

  • ON TO THE 2nd TRIMESTER!!! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment