Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 20, 2012

Be still...


This week I've gotten some really sad news regarding a friend that I grew up with and her heartbreaking story of how she lost the precious baby girl that her and her husband were expecting.

I sat and read her blog post with tears streaming down my face and my heart physically aching for her and her situation.  Why anyone should have to go through something so painful, and especially when such unexplainable events happen to someone so sweet and loving, is beyond me.  Daily you read horrific stories or hear about them on the news, where a mother has abandoned a child or someone has been arrested for abuse, or an Amber Alert is sent out signaling a child abduction.  How God would give these types of people a child, and take one away from someone so deserving and able to provide a good home and more love than can be imagined is so confusing.  It's the kind of thing that makes you lay awake at night and just ask 'why'.

These questions hit even closer to home when you carry your own child.  For my heart to break for me friend in the way that it does, stems directly from the experience I'm going through right now.  I cannot even fathom anyone telling me that something was wrong with Cohen.  And knowing that I would eventually lose him would change me forever.  And while I can't imagine what my friend is going through, I lean on my faith, just as she's leaning on hers. 
"BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD".  {Psalm 46:10}  This verse explains what we don't understand.  This verse brings comfort in those moments when all you can do is ask 'why'.  And this verse gives the peace that passes ALL understanding.  For even in the most heartbreaking situations, He knows the 'why'.  And in EVERY situation, He brings blessings.  'Letting go and letting God' is one of the most difficult things in the world to do - we just have to lean on faith that He's leading us and works all things for our good - even when all we see is pain.

I keep my friend and her dear husband on my heart and in my prayers - and know that someday, this will all make perfect sense.  It may not be revealed until God tells them Himself in Heaven - but in the meantime, here on Earth, I pray He gives them the healthy, perfect baby they've been praying for - and takes good care of their angel that lives with Him now.

Xo.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for your friend,but hopefully with time, she will feel better. Garrett and I were in a similar situation two years ago, with God everything will be okay and their is a purpose and a plan. We may not know it now, nor we may never know why things happen, but they just do. It is crazy how God works, but I guess for us we were able to bring a boy with down syndrome into this world and will possibly have a third later on. That would of never happened if we didn't lose two babies in between our two. It is crazy how things work.

    ReplyDelete