Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dear Baby Cohen - 7mo Letter

HELLOOOOOOO IN THERE!

Not that I have to scream - you're laying on every single one of my vital organs right now, so I'm pretty sure you can even hear the things that I'm simply THINKING.
Well, 2 months to go.  I don't even know how I feel.  It's an indescribable feeling of excitement and anticipation with a little bit of fear and anxiety mixed in there somewhere.  I used to get these weekly pregnancy emails, updating me on how big you were and what developments you were going through, and I'd just be in awe of the fact that you were in there, growing and thriving without me even feeling you.  Looking back, it was an incredible leap of faith, just trusting that God was taking care of you and blessing you with the ability to grow strong and big and healthy and perfect.  And now, I get these emails and just can't get over the thought that in less than 9 weeks you'll actually be in my arms instead of in my belly.  And while it's still somewhat a leap of faith, I can feel every single move you make - and with each kick or stretch or roll I'm reassured that you're in there just hanging out and continuing to grow strong and big and healthy and perfect.  It really is the most amazing thing I think anyone can ever experience - and there aren't words for how BEYOND blessed I feel that it's you that God chose me to experience this with.

Daddy and I have been really busy the past couple of weeks, trying to finish your nursery.  We've had the furniture for awhile, but I kinda drug my feet in making some final decisions on colors and patterns.  You might as well know right now that I'm a huge perfectionist and especially when it comes to design and decorating, I always have a picture in my head and I'll stop at nothing to make sure what I see in my head is exactly what the final product looks like.  So daddy painted, and I planned, and I can proudly say it's almost done!  My baby shower is next weekend, so it'll definitely be done by then...and while I know you'll probably never understand or appreciate the time and money we've put into your nursery, it's honestly the most fab thing I've ever created and it's perfect for you.  The only thing we need now to make the room complete is you :)

A few weeks ago daddy and Grammy Mack and I went to a special doctors office who gave us a special 3d/4d ultrasound which let us see you in such great detail!  It was honestly one of the most amazing moments in my life and as soon as your actual face popped up on that screen, I was a blubbery mess.  You are the most beautiful and precious thing I have ever seen.  You have my chubby cheeks (you can actually thank Granddaddy for that!) and my nose.  It's crazy because some of your pictures look exactly the way some of my baby pictures did.  I'm hoping you have your daddy's eyes though because he has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen - and to pass those along to you would be a great thing.  We got a bunch of pictures and even a DVD of the entire ultrasound - I can't wait to show it to you one day!  It's so cool!! 

So, what's going on with you over the past month?  You're about 3 pounds and 16 inches from head to toe (no wonder you're taking up every square inch of my torso - I don't have much room to spare, so I apologize for the cramped quarters.  Just hang in there though, I'm putting the finishing touches on your nursery and once you're out and about, you're going to LOVE all of the room to groove!!)  The lanugo (or weird hair that covers you while you're in the womb) is starting to shed and is only visible on your back and shoulders.  I bet you're the cutest little monkey EVER :)  Your hair is starting to grow, which we saw proof of when we saw you in the 3d/4d ultrasound!  You didn't have much at that point, but if the increase in indigestion that I'm having is any indication, you may be born with no less than a fab afro.  Your body is completely formed and you look just like a perfect little newborn in there!  Your skin is no longer transparent and paper-thin - it's now pink and smooth!  You have eyebrows and eyelashes and your eyes that were previously fused shut are now open and you're able to shut and close them and blink like crazy!  Your nails have reached the tips of your fingers and toes (don't worry - mani/pedis ASAP!) The most exciting part of the past month is that you're totally formed - you're just in there cooking away until it's time to bring you into this world!!  Your lungs are the only thing left to completely develop, and each day counts, so while I'm super anxious for you to be out here in the great wide open, I understand why I have to be patient (which you'll learn soon enough, is not one of mommy's strong suits).

This month's 5 things hasb een condensed into 3 major categories and is all about sports.  I figured since you're a boy, it would behoove you to be born into this world with general knowledge about our household teams (and why your wardrobe consists of mainly of the following 6 team logos).  Besides, Daddy's favorite day of the year, college football kickoff, is the day before you're due!! 
***1.  COLLEGE FOOTBALL
OHIO STATE - I feel like you're probably inbred with all of the Ohio State love that you can stand, considering scarlet and grey runs through your daddy's veins the way that it does.  But let me give you a little bit of background on why we love the Buckeyes - your daddy grew up loving the Buckeyes (something that just like you, he was born into) and eventually acheived his dream of being a Buckeye himself and going to college there!!  I have forbid him from sharing the majority of his experience there with you until you're at least 21 years old, but know that he's pretty much the biggest Buckeye fan ever and I'm sure he'll have you decked out in scarlet and grey just as soon as he can get a onesie on you.
CLEMSON - This is momma's college football team.  While we do love the Buckeyes, we also need a good ol southern ACC team to cheer for!  And we get our Clemson Tiger love from Poppy.  What's really cool about Poppy's love for Clemson is that his daddy went there and on home gamedays, Grammy and Poppy sit in the actual seats that Great Poppy did when he went to school there!  I can't wait to take you to a game and for you to be big enough to eat some of Ms Carol's famous pimento cheese sammies at halftime.  It'll be a few years down the road, but I know Daddy and Uncle Boo are already excited to take you to the Esso Club.

***2.  NFL FOOTBALL
CLEVELAND BROWNS - Being that daddy is from Cleveland, he's automatically inclined to have mad love for the Browns.  Now, you should know that the Browns don't have the best record.  And Sundays can be a bit of a drag for a Browns fan, but they're a team with alot of heart and if nothing else, Browns fans make the games a TON of fun (they even went to tailgate when there wasn't a team to tailgate for - have daddy fill you in on that) so it's usually a good time whether they win or lose.  And when they do win, it's like the best.day.ever. for a Browns fan.  So, when they're playing, just be really sweet to your daddy and love on him to keep him in a good mood - but don't ever remind him 'it's just a game'...because to him, it's NEVER 'just a game'.
CAROLINA PANTHERS - You're a Carolina boy, born and bred, so naturally you're gonna join us in cheering for the Cats on Sundays as well.  Coincidentally, the past few years have proven to be just as rough on a Panthers fan than they have on a Browns fan.  So unfortunately, Sunday really isn't the happiest day of the week in our house when it comes to professional fall sports.  However, we have a few key players that, if they could get the rest of the team to hop onboard and actually play as a 'team', we have potential to be a stellar team.  A few years ago I even watched the Cats play in the Superbowl.  We lost, but at least we made it there.  Panthers games are super fun to go to, and considering the stadium is here in Charlotte, I'm sure we'll be taking you to alot of them!  Hopefully, by the time you're old enough to actually know what's going on in the game, just like the Browns, we'll be a better team. 
***3.  BASEBALL
CLEVELAND INDIANS - Again, being from Cleveland, there is no reason to justify why daddy is an Indians fan.  He can tell you stories about when PapPap took him to games when he was little, and how he and his buddies would go together when they got older, and how Progressive Field (where they play) will always be "Jacob's Field".  Since most of the games aren't shown down here, daddy has some online subscription where he watches them on the laptop.  It's funny because we both lay on the couch and I watch the big tv and he watches the laptop at the same time.  I know he can't wait to take you to a game and pay $7 for a hotdog for you.
ATLANTA BRAVES - This one you'll definitely get honest from me and Uncle Boo.  Growing up, Grammy and Granddaddy and Uncle and I would watch the Braves every summer, every single time they were on.  I have the best memories of staying up late, laying in Grammy and Granddaddy's bed watching the games.  And your Great Papaw loves the Braves too!!  We've been to so many games and they're so much fun!  Uncle Boo even has a Braves tattoo on his arm!  If you're southern, you're born to love the Braves, and with the Braves outfits Uncle Boo has already bought for you, I know he's more than excited to take you to your first game!!!
***Now you may be wondering why I haven't mentioned a team in the NBA Basketball category.  I figured that with you being so pure and innocent, it's best to just keep you from the humility that is the Charlotte Bobcats, as well as the Cleveland Cavaliers-post LeBum leaving the team.  So, when you're old enough and strong enough to see the stats for yourself, I'll have Daddy reveal the ugliness that both of these teams possess.  Until then, just say GO BUCKS and all will be right in the world :)

Less than 2 months to go little one!  I simply can't wait!
All my love,
Mommy.








No comments:

Post a Comment