Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 31 Recap: 4th of July!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!
Life is getting pretty nuts lately, so I'm actually writing this on July 18th (my 33rd week)...and from what I hear, it's only going to get worse, so I'm trying to just maintain and keep up as fast as I can.

Anyway, back to 2 weeks ago.  Monday I had yet another doctor's appointment.  I'm really starting to feel like I live there.  My weight hasn't gone up or down - it's stayed the same since I lost a poound 2 weeks ago.  Dr Belle didn't seem at all concerned though - she said as long as the baby is measuring on schedule, she's totally fine with it - and he is.  And honestly, the less I gain the less I'll have to lose when he's out :)  I told her I'm not eating a whole lot because I don't have room for it and because he's big and I get full so fast when I do actually eat.  Guess it'll be this way for the rest of my pregnancy (or at least until he drops some and gives me some room).  Until then, all of my food and nourishment is going to him (which is fine with me - I wonder if I can find someone to donate all of my food to after he's born so this whole weight loss thing is easier).

Wednesday was the 4th - and thankfully our office was closed.  I appreciate any day that I don't have to get ready and rush out the door, drive half an hour and sit here at my desk miserable with my feet propped up on my computer.  We had a great brunch at Brandon and Denise's (seriously, the best homemade french toast I've ever had - and of course it took me back to my first trimester craving, where I ate french toast almost every single day).  We had made plans that night to go to Knights Castle to watch the game and the fireworks, but the heat index was about 115*, so we nixed that plan (THANK GOD) and just decided to spend the day at the pool and go park the truck somewhere and watch the Carowinds fireworks that night.  Perfection.  We had a great day at the pool.  Shavon and Damon and I spent most of it in the kiddie area, and all I could think of is how excited I am for Cohen to splash around next summer!  Then we went to their house for a cookout and about 9pm we all loaded up and headed to some random parking lot near Carowinds where we all watched their fireworks.  All in all, it was a pretty fantastic 4th with great friends...and as little heat as possible :)
Cohen's cutie baseball shoes!  Can't wait for my lil slugger to be here!

I was back to work Thursday and Friday, but cut Friday a little short and we headed to the lake for the weekend.  Jenks was in town for his annual 4th trip, so we all had a great time hanging out with him.  It's such an honor to be sitting there and listen to some of the stories he has to tell about the war and trips overseas.  It really makes you thankful for all of the men and women who fight fearlessly so that we can have our freedom.  It's not something you really stop and think about everyday, but it's so amazing how unselfish he (and people like him) are and it really puts the 4th of July in perspective.  So, fun in the sun, yet another cookout, and church on Sunday.  Great weekend!! 

We had to head back Sunday afternoon because we were helping to throw a shower for our good friends, Vinny and Courtney.  I am beyond excited for the two of them and can't wait to celebrate their big day on the 28th (I just hope I can waddle down the isle and maybe even dance some at the reception!)

So there you go - another weekend in the books.  Down to the single digit weekly countdown now!

WEEK 31 CRAVINGS:  ANYTHING frozen.  Grapes.  Ice.  Slushies.  Smoothies.  I don't care what it is as long as it's freezing cold.  When it's a million degrees outside and even the 'refreshing' pool feels like bath water, you just want something cold.  Frozen.  Period.

WEEK 31 "Dose of Daddy":  Andrew has an 'interesting' or 'unique' fashion sense.  Which is hilarious to everyone that I married someone with such flair for the unordinary.  Every 4th of July he and Brandon go to Walmart or whatever discount cheapo store they can find and scope out the clothing section for the most ridiculous 'I'm Proud to be an American' shirt.  A shirt so insane that even Toby Keith or Larry the Cable Guy would shake their head.  And this year was no exception.  As we cleaned up after the pool and I put on my super cute white and navy maternity sundress that I had been saving just for the 4th, Drew turned the corner wearing this.  I am completely out of words and the picture needs no explanation.  Just take a sec and let it sink in.
**oh and I must give credit where credit is due - he fringed the sleeves by his very own self.  Vera Wang move it on over - there's a new fashion designer in town.
Ladies, you can have your Magic Mike - I have my very own American Andy.

WEEK 31 "To Remembers":  The benefits of being pregnant this time of the year.  While yes, it is insanely hot and at times completely miserable, there are a few reasons why it kinda rocks to be pregnant in the dead of summer:
1.  You get to wear cute dresses.  Rather than packing on layers and coats and everything else that you have to don in order to stay warm in the winter, it's nice to just throw on a one-piece dress and call it a day.
2.  It makes the weeks really fly by!  Summer is always so busy, so it's really nice that there's always something fun to do, which in turn makes the time pass quickly!  I can't imagine being pregnant and stuck indoors all winter long, with it getting dark at 5pm and nothing to do but watch the clock.  Ugh.
3.  For the first time EVER, you don't have to 'suck it in' in a bathing suit.  This probably rocks most of all.  No amount of pilates or yoga or treadmill time is getting rid of the inevitable belly and stretch marks, so throwing on an adorable one piece swimsuit and rockin out with your bad self is pretty much the only option.  And surprisingly, I get compliments every time I'm at the pool.  Now next summer will be a totally different story, but I really have enjoyed just embracing my belly and not having to constantly suck it in.
I'm a summer girl - even when the heat and humidity is damn near killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment