Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 30 Recap: AsheVegas

Pigtails - hat - sweatpants...at work.
Please don't hate....
10 weeks to go!!  Whew!!  I'm trying so hard to get everything around the house decorated for the shower on July 14, and I feel like I'm in AC Moore or Hobby Lobby or Kirklands every single day, buying something else that I just HAVE to have in order for that to happen.  This week we got a new dining room set and I have Drew running around like a chicken with his head cut off hanging stuff, since a) he freaks out every time I get on a ladder of any kind and b) he's just so dang good at it.  I'm more of an 'eyeballer' when it comes to hanging stuff, but he's all about measuring, leveling and making sure it's perfect.  Reason 342,398,571 to love him.

The end of this week, our family took Tom Mack Auctions on the road and had our first out of town auction in Asheville!!  Brandon, Drew and I got there Thursday evening and went to the best mexican restaurant I think I've ever been to - Papas and Beer.  OMG, coming from a self-proclaimed mexican restaurant connoisseur, I can honestly say this one tops it all.  And I stuffed my face as much as Cohen would let me, considering he's taking up 90% of my stomach region these days.  The mexican food high was awesome, until we got back to our hotel room and discovered that the mountain hotels don't really take into account the fact that yes, while the climate is considerably cooler in certain times of the year, it was 90+ that weekend and our room was hot.  Hot as H-E-double hockey sticks.  I tried to sleep, being uncomfortable as I am already, and finally Drew pulled the mattress onto the floor right in front of the A/C unit.  I finally fell asleep around midnight and sletp ok, but I was such a zombie the next day when we got to the Events center that I worked for a few hours and had to curl up under a table in one of the spare rooms and, wrapped in a table cloth, I slept like a baby on the floor for a good hour and a half.  It's crazy the things your body allows you to do when you're pregnant.  Being able to sleep like a baby on the floor is one of those things - and I think to myself how I probably couldn't have survived that day without that glorious nap.
The auction went well and we had a great time with our auction family.  I got really dizzy and nauseas up on the block during the auction and momma had to come relieve me.  Back to my spot on the floor for another carpet nap.  And before I knew it I knocked out a few more hours of work and we were headed home.  It's so crazy to think that I won't see our auction family again until I'm a mommy!  Our next auction isn't until September, so Cohen will definitely be here and I can't wait to show him off!  Just gotta get him a Tom Mack Auctions embroidered onesie before then ;)

Saturday night we relaxed and rented '21 Jumpstreet' - hilarity AND Channing Tatum??!  Double win.  Then Sunday Drew went golfing so I decided to round up my faves and have some MUCH needed girl time.  And what better way to celebrate being a girl but by going to the theatre to see 'Magic Mike'.  I'll keep my comments to myself, but there are 2 things I'm positive of after seeing the movie: 1) I have no idea how I didn't go into labor during some of the dance scenes (especially the way Dana and I were dancing like we were part of the crowd in the actual movie).  Holy moly.  and 2) I can guarantee that I'll NEVER listen Ginuwine's 'Pony' quite the same again.  If you're a woman and you're wondering why, just do yourself a favor and see the movie.  If you're a guy, just take my word for it.  WORTH IT.  I needed that time with my girls so badly.  And it was so much fun to get away from all-things-pregnancy for 3 hours.


WEEK 30 CRAVINGS:  Ice.  Again.  Blame it on the heat.  Blame it on the anemia.  As Milli Vanilli said, 'blame it on the rain'...I don't care.  I want ice.  Now. 

WEEK 30 "Dose of Daddy":  Part of our beloved auction family, Linda and Wayne Foster, partnered with momma and Tom for the auction in Asheville.  And since it was a weekend-long, out of town affair, they brought along their 8 year old, Jesse.  From what I hear, Jessie was pretty bored on Thurday before Drew and Brandon got there on Friday to play with him.  And let me tell you - play they did!  It was crazy some of the toys this kid had - and how complicated it all seemed when he tried to explain how they all worked.  It didn't take long to realize that we need to step up our game and prepare ourselves for when Cohen is old enough to play with this stuff - because clearly the days of Lincoln Logs and My Buddy are G-O-N-E.  What was so cute though was how Drew and Brandon spent every spare second entertaining Jesse.  I think they both got quickly overwhelmed with the toys of this generation, so most of their entertainment consisted of throwing a ball at inademant objects (or yours truly at times).  It's crazy how patient Drew can be and watching him play with Jesse just made me that much more excited to see him play with Cohen soon.  :)
Jesse and his buddies.
WEEK 30 "To Remembers":  If at all possible, take a nap.  I know in a few weeks the ability to take a nap whenever, wherever I want will be completely a thing of the past, so I plan to enjoy the freedom to snooze away as much as possible.  Even if that means I'm on the floor wrapped up in a table cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment