Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2012

11 Week Recap

 
11 weeks. 
11 weeks already!  YAY!!
This was a pretty exciting week, considering Sunday was my  29th birthday and I told myself that it would be my little gift to myself to 'officially' announce the pregnancy on FB - so I took a deep breath and updated my status to read :

It was so crazy to read all of the comments and congratulations!  Definitely made for a fun and exciting birthday :) 

After church Drew took me to Pewter Rose for brunch.  I had a virgin mimosa (who knew OJ w/ sparkling water would taste just like the real thing??) and I decided to test my 'new and improved anti-morning sickness' stomach by ordering the eggs benedict.  As Julia Roberts says to the snotty chicks at the retail store in Pretty Woman when she comes back in and asks if they work on commission, "BIG mistake.  HUGE!"  While it was sooo good on the way down, the richness of the dish got to me around 4:30 that afternoon and it was anything but a nice birthday present.  I was so sick that we had to cancel dinner with Brandon and Denise and I ended up sipping on ginger ale to round out my day of celebration.  Fun, huh?  I've decided that a) since next year is the big 3-0, Drew and I will be doing something totally fun and exciting to make up for the last birthday of my 20s, and b) I wont be eating eggs benedict anytime soon.  I should totally just stick to my beloved preggo craving-induced french toast.  

I stayed home from work and rested Monday because the eggs benedict debacle sure did wear me out. 

Wednesday was the most exciting day of Week 11 - and maybe the most exciting day since finding out I was pregnant and seeing the heart beat!!  Momma came to town and we had lunch with my dear friend, Krystyn, who is also expecting!!  It's always fun to get together with other preggos and compare stories.  After lunch momma and I headed to meet Drew downtown because I had my NT scan!!  I opted for the scan because 1) it was covered by our insurance and 2) it gave me an extra ultrasound!  YAY FOR ULTRASOUNDS!!  And let me tell you, this one did not disappoint!  Baby Sac showed up immediately on the screen and (GASP!) actually looked like a real life little baby (instead of the previous fuzzy-gummy bear looking image we'd seen 5 weeks prior).  He/she was dancing and stretching and sucking their thumb!!!  It was the most exciting thing ever and I could have sat and watched the screen forever.  It was the craziest thought to me that this little human is moving all around inside of me and I cant feel it (yet).  I cant wait for that!!  (Only about 3 weeks or so until I start getting the little baby flutter feelings, and not long after will follow full-on judo-chops to my internal organs!!)  I've never been so excited about being beaten up...lol.  Anyway, Baby Sac was measuring right along (actually bigger by 2 days, but Drew says that's because "he's" going to be a linebacker), and the heart rate was a strong and healthy 178BPM!  The fluid on the back of the baby's neck (which was what the scan was for - it tells the chances of having a neural tube defect such as trisomy or Down's), measured perfectly and Baby Sac was cleared as being a happy and healthy (and extremely active) little bundle of joy.  YAY!  Music to this expectant momma's ears :)


Isn't this the sweetest little face you've ever seen!?

Love how their head is at a 50/50 ratio to their body right now...

Baby Sac is either fist pumping already, or doing the Tomahawk Chop for their Uncle Boo's Atlanta Braves.
After my scan I had the routine bloodwork done and had my 3 month checkup with Dr. Hardy.  He is such a nice man and I really like him alot - but I'm ready to see my favorite, Dr. Belle!  I'll see her for my 4 month checkup (March 15) and then on March 28 she'll tell us whether we're having a Boy or a Girl!  Ahhhhh!!  This is going SO quickly and (now that my head isn't spending most of it's time in the toilet), I'm really loving being pregnant!  I'm trying to just love every second and not take any of it for granted because I know in 6 short months, it'll be over and I'll have to share Baby Sac with the rest of the world :)

The rest of the week was pretty low key, considering Wednesday's excitement!  We started packing, which has sucked because moving always sucks and because I get tired so easily.  So, with new pictures and confirmation that Baby Sac is happy and healthy, we move along to another week.  YAY!!
Side Note - I have to say RIP to one of my all-time favorite musicians, Mrs. Whitney Houston.  When Dana sent me a text Saturday, Feb 11, I was so sad!  I think it makes me even sadder to think how terrible today's music is and that all of the classics are passing away.  It's definitely up to me and Drew to make sure Baby Sac knows GOOD music - and once again, that they are protected from ever having to endure the pain that is listening to Ke$ha.



  • WEEK 11 CRAVINGS:  Friday afternoon I got a CRAZY craving for coffee ice cream with chocolate chips sprinkled on top.  I have no clue where this came from, but it was one of those things that I knew I couldn't just talk myself out of.  I had to have it.  So after dinner, Drew took me to Cold Stone Creamery and I indulged in the most delicious scoop of coffee ice cream with chocolate chips on top.  In a waffle cone.  And I ate EVERY single bite.  I was actually sad when it was gone. 

  • Seriously, one of the best things I have ever eaten.


  • WEEK 11 AVERSIONS:  Cleaning out the pantry.  I made a deal with Drew that I'd clean out the pantry while he cleaned out the fridge - and the smells of both combined had me constantly gagging.  SO glad that's over.
  • WEEK 11 "To Remembers": While I was sad that my magnificent coffee ice cream cone was there and gone so quickly, it reminded me of the 'everything in moderation' mantra that Dr. Hardy keeps repeating.  This was the first caffiene I've allowed myself since finding out I was preggo and although it was only one scoop, it had me wide awake until 11pm!  (Crazy night owl I am for staying up til 11 on a Friday night, I know - but for someone who is completely passed out by 8pm most nights, this was quite the accomplishment).  I laughed, thinking about the acrobatics that I'm sure Baby Sac was performing in response to my stimulant - and then felt guilty for the image of him or her having blood shot eyes and acting like the tweaked out guy in the old Mad TV skits who had too much caffiene.  So while it was amazing, it's definitely something I'll enjoy - but only 'in moderation'.


  • 1 comment:

    1. I loved having lunch with you "3" too! And tell your Mom I have a picture of little man on my desk in the frame she gave me :) Your pics came out sooo cute! Isn't it amazing...there's a little person bee bopping away in there!! Congrats!!!

      ReplyDelete