Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 17, 2012

15 Questions: The Pregnancy Edition

So back in the day when I worked at Senderra, my bud, Ashley Nelson and I used to send '15 Question' emails back and forth, to break up the ridiculous monotony of our day.  It was so fun and always so random, and this past week she emailed me all the way from her new home in Oregon with an all-things-pregnancy themed '15 Questions'!
I figured it would be fun to add it to my blog since it's a bunch of my random answers to her random pregnancy questions. :)
ENJOY!!


1. weirdest craving you have had thus far
French toast.  I guess that’s not really ‘crazy’, but I seriously want it like all the time.  Oh, and there was a night when I went to the grocery store and got green olives, pickles and extra sharp white cheddar cheese and housed most of it when I got home.  I can't tell whether that was because I really 'wanted' it or I just just trying to meet pregnancy cravings protocol.

2. names you are considering

BOY – Cohen Lees Jaroscak / GIRL – Annsley Day Jaroscak  

3. how you broke the news to drew

He didn’t even know I was taking a test while he was in the shower and it was Christmas Eve so we were getting ready for Christmas Eve service at church – it came back “YES” immediately and I ran downstairs, wrapped the test in Christmas tissue paper and put it in a gift bag.  I made him open it immediately after he got out of the shower – wearing nothing but a towel ;) (FYI - towels dont stay on too long when you're dancing up and down all crazy-like).

4. nursery detail you are just dying to have in place

Hmmm…well, we’re closing on a new house at the end of the month, so I guess just HAVING a nursery is a big deal.  I’ve already picked out my furniture though and I’m so excited for all of it.  I have to admit though – I’m incredibly stoked about a comfy glider rocker J  

5. thing you are most nervous about changing with this new season

Girl, a million things worry me day in and day out right now.  I just want the baby to be born happy and healthy – so I pray…A LOT!  

6. paula deens response to bein a grand!  (ashley has always referred to my momma as 'the young paula deen')
It was Christmas Day at my Mamaws – I wrote out a poem I had found from the baby to their grandparent and framed it and had her open it before anyone else got there.  She got halfway through it, realize what was going on and was crying so hard she couldn’t get a word out.  It was amazing and definitely one of the best moments of my entire life.  Glad Drew got it on video.  

7. most exciting part of being preggers right now

EVERYTHING!  It’s so much fun!  Well, the morning sickness sucked, but I think I’m pretty well over that so I’m just hanging out!  People are nicer to you, lol.  I guess the most fun right now is how pretty I feel.  I’m in the fun/cute stage right now – ask me again when I’m HUGE and miserable…lol.  But for right now, it really is a different kind of beautiful – with a growing bump it’s really just cool and pretty much the best accessory I’ve ever had!  

8. all natural or hand me some meds

Hand me the meds…ASAP.  I watched a Baby Story last week when I was home sick and that put the fear of God in me to never, ever consider natural birth.  As soon as I hit the hospital, I want an epidural and IV drip stat.  

9. how many little sacs you anticipate having in the family tree

2.  MAYBE 3, depending on if we have 2 of one gender.  Who knows though, with our luck we’d end up with 3 boys or 3 girls…lol.  

10.thing you expect to enjoy most about being a mommy

The unexplainable love.  Dana says it’s the most amazing thing and I’m already SO much in love with this baby.  I cant wait to see what he/she looks like.  

11. what has been surprising about it thus far

How fast your body changes.  It’s crazy, but I already get winded just walking up the stairs and my sciatic nerve has already started bothering me.  First trimester has been a little rough, but I’m already rounding the corner and sliding into 2nd tri!!  

12. # of virgin ritas have you had since finding out

ZERO.  I haven’t had a virgin anything yet (with the exception of white sparkling grape juice, if that counts).  Dana did bring me some virgin ritas but they’re still in the fridge.  This weekend is my birthday though, so I plan on getting a little crazy with my sober self. (***NOTE TO MY READERS: I did not get crazy with my sober self...I had the stomach flu on my bday, so unless diet ginger ale and Gatorade counts, I was pretty lame).

13. now your brother can truly be called 'uncle' his response to this was

He hugged me tighter than he’s ever hugged me before.  He’ll send me random texts asking how his ‘nephew’ is doing.  I guess whether Baby Sac is a boy or girl, they’ll be donning Braves apparel asap if Uncle Boo has anything to do with it.  

15. thing you want non-pregnant people to understand about those with child

I cant go out and drink, but I can still go out and have a good time.  You cant smoke in Charlotte bars anymore, so it's not really like the 'You've got a baby...in a bar' type of scenario.  I don’t mind being the large and in charge preggo at the bar with my Pellegrino!!  


14. have you started shopping for the chrysler town n country yet?

Haha – NO!!  NEVER!!  I have a Chevy Equinox right now and it has plenty of room for a first-time family so no plans for a mommy-mobile.  Even if I did trade in the Nox, I’d be getting another SUV – no grocery-getters in the Sac house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment