Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

8 & 9 Week Recap!

Okay, so I've been a little REALLY slack!  I've been busy at work and this is where I usually Blog from, so while my boss is in NYC today, I'll take full advantage and play a little bit of catch up on the past 2 weeks :)

8 weeks!!  First maternity shirt :)

WEEK 8
Week 8 was pretty uneventful.  I was so sick the Wednesday of that week that I left work at 10am and on my way home made a pit stop to visit my friend, Karla.  Karla is mommy to (almost) 3 year old Dylan and Anabel, who was born in November of last year.  It was so nice to visit with her and get some great mommy advice and to hold the baby a bit!  It made it even more real that in a few months I'll be holding one of my own - kind of surreal, but REALLY cool!  Karla also has incredible style and is my size, so when she insisted that I take the 2 boxes of maternity clothes she had set out for me, I couldn't have been more excited!!
Friday of that week I had dinner with Dana while Drew went to the hockey game downtown for 'Guys Night'.  I cant tell you how much I enjoy every minute I get to spend with Dana and how blessed I feel to have her as my best friend.  We've been through so much and to have her guiding me through this new chapter in my life, after having gone through it a year ago, is such an amazing thing.  There's no question I can't ask and while she already knows I'm crazy, I doubt anything I say or do could surprise or offend her.  And being able to spend time with Ava is indescribable.  I love that little girl so much and having her around makes me that much more excited for my little one to be here!  I cant wait to find out if I'm carrying her best friend or her future husband.  ;)  And here's a REALLY cool piece of trivia - Dana and I share the same birthday, February 12th, and Ava was born on September 2nd - THE SAME DAY AS BABY SAC'S DUE DATE!!  Guess some friendships are just meant to be!
This was the week that I really realized how much my life is changing from some of the people around me.  I'm so thankful for the friends that I have and for their support, but I now know that I'm no longer the girl everyone calls when they want to go grab a glass of wine after work or for a night out on the town.  While this was a tough reality for a minute, once I thought about it, I realized that I'll gladly trade that title in a million times for the title of "Momma".  It's definitely different...and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

  • WEEK 8 CRAVINGS:  FRENCH TOAST.  While I'm not usually a breakfast kinda girl, I wanted french toast so badly this week that I just had to have it - and only Cracker Barrel whole wheat sourdough french toast (with hasbrown casserole and bacon) would do.  So of course Drew, being the amazing husband he is, dressed me in my finest gown (i.e. sweat pants and an Ohio State hoodie) and saddled the horse and buggy (the F-150) and we ventured out for Saturday night date night - and let me tell you, it DID.NOT.DISAPPOINT.  I housed the entire meal in record time.
  • WEEK 8 AVERSIONS:  Chicken.  Again. 
  • WEEK 8 "To Remembers":  To thank God each day for the creation of the Boppy pregnancy pillow. 



9 weeks - in the bathroom at work.
So chic.
 WEEK 9
Last week, Week 9, was probably the hardest for me as a whole so far.  Just when I had started telling people that I was feeling much better and when I thought the "Morning Monster" (as I have appropriately dubbed it) had left the building for the most part, it reared it's ugly head again and I was sick every single day.  It had to have been a male that named it 'morning' sickness because they sure had no idea what they were talking about.  What exactly relegates it to the morning...especially when you're gagging the entire way home from work and finally puke once you hit the door at 5:30pm.  Last time I checked, 5:30pm isnt close to being considered 'morning'.  I was so sick Thursday that I stayed home from work which not only allowed me the luxury of puking in private(thank God for small favors), but also gave me an opportunity to catch up on 4 hours of Real Housewives and 3 hours of "Its a Brad-Brad World".  Nothing nurses you back to health like Bravo tv on DVR.  I'm serious - doctors should seriously prescribe it.  I finally broke down and had the dr call me in a prescription for Zofran, which provided me enough relief to make it to Daddy and Trig's that night for MUCH anticipated (and personally requested) crepes...Daddy's specialty!  I remember being little on Saturday mornings and wakling up to Daddy and asking him to make crepes.  They've been my fave since way back then and I love that all I have to do is say the word and he's whipping up a batch.  Add to that now, Trig's hashbrown casserole (although I usually just eat the baked cornflakes from the topping) and you got yourself a gourmet breakfast-for-dinner specialty!!  And thank God for the Zofran because I had barely eaten all week, and because of it's magical anti-nausea powers, I plowed through 5 crepes, 2 servings of hashbrown casserole and a handful of bacon with GREAT delight!  Thanks again, D&T...it was awesome!!
Since before we got married, Drew and I have set aside Friday nights as 'Friday Night Date Night'.  Now, when we were younger and non-preggo, this would usually entail a night of dressing up and hitting the newest and coolest restaurant.  These days, it's whatever I feel like eating, and dressed in whatever clothes are most comfortable.  So we ventured out to Zack's on South Blvd - one of my all-time fave Charlotte staples for some fried trout (hey, the doctor said I need to up my protein, and I had been so sick all week that I didn't feel the least bit guilty for the 5million calorie meal).  Of course, all of this came after I waked in the door and puked after work...Drew asked if I felt like going and trust me, nothing stands in the way of the crazy preggo and her cravings!  So once I had - ehhmmm - made some room, I got what I wanted.  In all of it's fried, greasy glory.
Saturday was laid back and relaxing and Sunday we went to Forest Hills with Neff.  It was such a great sermon, appropriately focused on leading your children and how your actions and words today will shape not only your children, but your grandchildren and future generations.  It was awesome and we were SO blessed.  However, I must say the best part came during the closing praise and worship.  While I had been humbled all sermon thinking about how my Mamaw/Papaw and my parents had paved the way for me, I was again reminded of family as in the middle of a Chris Tomlin song, the lead singer broke out into some good ol southern gospel hymns.  I bawled as I remembered Grammaw Julie cooking in the kitchen and singing the same words as she cooked biscuits - and how Mamaw would sing the same words as she cooked shrimp - and how Momma would sing the same words as she cooked cornflake chicken.  It really made me realize that it's up to me to carry on the tradition - and I will proudly...as I cook whatever it is that Baby Sac grows up to love. 

  • WEEK 9 CRAVINGS:  Zack's fried trout.  See above.
  • WEEK 9 AVERSIONS:  Chicken.  And hot chocolate (only because I threw it up about 6 times this week).
  • WEEK 9 "To Remembers": To be thankful for the naps that I take advantage of now, because in a few months I wont be able to enjoy another one for about 18 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment